Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air/cabin filter

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Do any premium filters that include carbon fit our Mirage?
    yes the AcDelco one mentioned in the post directly above yours also sold on rockauto.com is a "carbon activated" filter.

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    I used this one last time: https://www.ebay.com/itm/292459418447

Do any premium filters that include carbon fit our Mirage?

I don't skimp on oil filters or engine air filters, but I will gladly skimp on a cabin air filter. If I had an odor coming from my vents, that may warrant a carbon one I guess.

The cabin air filter on my Forester is massive compared to the one found in my Mirage. I like the cheap ones for the Mirage. I can buy 3-4 of them for the price of one. If an more affordable one needs to be replaced, I don't think twice about it.

If someone charged me $15 for Subaru Forester cabin air filter, I wouldn't think twice about it. They are well built & large. If someone charged $15 for a Mirage cabin air filter, I buy elsewhere. There's not much to them. Carbon ones may justify the extra costs?

Cars have always had engine air filters, & they serve an important purpose. Cabin air filters have only been around for the past 20 years or so. The human race survived without them in the past.

When it comes to items like a cabin air filter, I start with rockauto.com. Once I decide on one or two that I am considering, I shop around a bit for those same ones. If I can buy the same item for about the same price with free shipping, I may buy it elsewhere.

You really need to compare prices with shipping -

Rock Auto sells a cabin air filter (UAC FI1338C) for $4.50.

eBay offers the same one for $15.30 with free shipping. With that example, free shipping doesn't mean much.

If I can buy multiple items together, rockauto.com shipping costs divided up aren't as bad.

Last edited by Mark; 01-14-2022 at 03:15 PM.