Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: And Another CVT problem.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,190 Times in 660 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    ...To me it seems like they are hoping it'll limp by til warranty is up...
    I know more than one person in this situation. CVT is acting up occasionally, but dealer is "unable to duplicate customer concern" and kicks it down the road until it happens again. One is a Nissan, the other a Subaru (both Jatco units). The only thing going for these people is that both have an extended warranty.

They also (unfortunately) replaced all the brakes and charged close to $2000 for new pads,shoes, rotors and drums.
    Holy *!#$...was that a mistake by the person that dropped off the car?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 51.6 mpg (US) ... 21.9 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 62.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Wow, & are you getting the old parts back to inspect?? I took the wifes car to the local place for an oil change today & they told me the air cleaner was blocked solid. I said "Show me". When they took the filter out , I held the filter to the sun & asked them to explain how light shines thru a blocked air filter, & they told me "Everyone replaces parts by the schedule". Maybe this is what happened to you??? Did they not call for authorization to do the brakes??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 38.2 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    North Korea
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 744 Posts
    It was in a different city, person who gave the go ahead probably won't next time without asking a grown up especially since were kinda in the parts business. I wouldn't be surprised if we sold the dealer some of the parts and we bought them back for 10x if they were out of their own stock, just to really stick it in there and twist it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-14-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got an update on the car. It has 119k kms, the dealer said there's nothing wrong other than the fluid is dirty. They replaced it, I assume they just pulled the plug not drop the pan. On the invoice they noted the fluid was still dark after changing it....To me it seems like they are hoping it'll limp by til warranty is up. But you can't fix what ain't broke.

They also (unfortunately) replaced all the brakes and charged close to $2000 for new pads,shoes, rotors and drums. Figured I'd share this so nobody ever takes there car in to the dealer for brake work. The most expensive part was the rear drums at over $300 a side.
    Wow crazy expensive. That's the only thing I dont like about the mirage. Really hoping for aftermarket options

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They also (unfortunately) replaced all the brakes and charged close to $2000 for new pads,shoes, rotors and drums. Figured I'd share this so nobody ever takes there car in to the dealer for brake work. The most expensive part was the rear drums at over $300 a side.
    Given the volume of cars your company purchased, you would think a Mitsubishi dealership would go above & beyond in providing your company with excellent service. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case.

If I had one major criticism of Mitsubishi in general, it would be the leadership of the entire company. This is not a company that has their act together. Dealerships are all over the place on how they do business. I found shopping for a car to be way harder than it needed to be. Many Mitsubishi dealerships are an add on business for larger dealerships that sell several different brands. As long as you buy a car from them, they could care less what brand it is.

I want Mitsubishi to be successful, and they are growing. Having said that, they have lots of room for improvement.

Your local Mitsubishi dealership should be bending over backwards for you. Instead, they seem more interested in making a quick buck!
    Last edited by Mark; 01-17-2019 at 01:58 AM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-14-2019),sphinxrider (02-15-2019),Tyrelirwin (01-19-2019)

Country
    North Korea
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Given the volume of cars your company purchased, you would think a Mitsubishi dealership would go above & beyond in providing your company with excellent service. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case.

If I had one major criticism of Mitsubishi in general, it would be the leadership of the entire company. This is not a company that has their act together. Dealerships are all over the place on how they do business. I found shopping for a car to be way harder than it needed to be. Many Mitsubishi dealerships are an add on business for larger dealerships that sell several different brands. As long as you buy a car from them, they could care less what brand it is.

I want Mitsubishi to be successful, and they are growing. Having said that, they have lots of room for improvement.

Your local Mitsubishi dealership should be bending over backwards for you. Instead, they seem more interested in making a quick buck!
    We didn't buy from that dealership, we bought from one of the ones in my city then sent them to other stores all scattered around the province. The dealership we bought from has ****ty service as well, we only take cars there for warranty work or recalls.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I just got word that another Mirage is having problems with the transmission. I don't many details other than it doesn't have more than 120k kms/74500miles.
    What model year? Is your fleet all 14/15's, or do you have some newer ones, too? Just wondering if JATCO may have fixed that thrush washer issue...

Country
    North Korea
    Thanks
    This one was a 2015. All our cars are 2015 and 2017's. I haven't seen a 17' with a cvt problem, but they don't have as many miles on them yet. The highest mileage 17' we have is at 163xxxkms/101xxxmiles.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-14-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Your local Mitsubishi dealership should be bending over backwards for you.
    Someone got bent over, THAT'S for sure! Brake parts are cheap as heck off of RockAuto. I don't think you could spend $500 to do all four corners...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Speaking of CVTs, I recently had a conversation with two people who drove a 2007 Nissan Versa SL and a 2009 Nissan Rogue back in the shop. The Rogue's CVT decided to pack it in while he was driving home from work, while the Versa's started going bad. Although the former had an extended powertrain warranty to replace the entire transmission, the latter's warranty had already expired. After looking at a $5,000 CDN estimate to replace the faulty CVT, she decided to scrap the entire car altogether, with over 130,000 km on the clock, and bought herself a new car, this time with a traditional 6-speed automatic. Knowing Mitsubishi and Nissan used Jatco as their transmission supplier, I wouldn't be surprised based on the number of YouTube videos I watched regarding CVT failure.

Last edited by jtr990; 01-20-2019 at 03:59 AM.