Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: And Another CVT problem.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    How did this shake out? Did that one blow up, too?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am a proud 2015 mirage owner makes 4 years next month. I have done 2 CVT fluid changes 1 at 35k to 40k MI and at 80k mi. At this moment I have 110k. Zero complaints out of me concerning the Jatco CVT. I will admit I am a bit ruff. I drive easily speeds of 70 to 85 mph on my commute to work which is close to 120mi round trip. I have been driving this way since I purchased. So I'm a firm believer in the success of Jatco CVT. Also change my oil every 10k mi which I did the other day.. One last thing I have yet to drain transmission from plug I have always used vacuum pump and fill her right back up. My little I-10 road warrior. If it makes it to 200k mi that will reinforce my confidence to overhaul engine or CVT if anything ever happens. Fingers crossed 200k here I come.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrNuff For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (02-16-2019),Dirk Diggler (07-21-2019),MetroMPG (02-19-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNuff View Post
    I am a proud 2015 mirage owner makes 4 years next month. I have done 2 CVT fluid changes 1 at 35k to 40k MI and at 80k mi. At this moment I have 110k. Zero complaints out of me concerning the Jatco CVT. I will admit I am a bit ruff. I drive easily speeds of 70 to 85 mph on my commute to work which is close to 120mi round trip. I have been driving this way since I purchased. So I'm a firm believer in the success of Jatco CVT. Also change my oil every 10k mi which I did the other day.. One last thing I have yet to drain transmission from plug I have always used vacuum pump and fill her right back up. My little I-10 road warrior. If it makes it to 200k mi that will reinforce my confidence to overhaul engine or CVT if anything ever happens. Fingers crossed 200k here I come.
    Glad yours is doing good. I think most ppl have had their transmissions fail up around 150k though

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

MrNuff (02-16-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Change your filters the next CVT fluid change, might help even more.
    (blank signature)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

MrNuff (02-16-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Change your filters the next CVT fluid change, might help even more.
    Where exactly is the filter located? I contacted dealer last fluid change they claimed all needed was only to dump and replace oil. I remember seeing somewhere the Jatco website or somewhere in our forum that the filter wasn't located in pan?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Good to hear from you MrNuff, and thanks for sharing your experience with your Mirage. We could use more of your insight.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Where exactly is the filter located? I contacted dealer last fluid change they claimed all needed was only to dump and replace oil. I remember seeing somewhere the Jatco website or somewhere in our forum that the filter wasn't located in pan?
    There's two filters on the CVT. I'd find them for you if I weren't browsing on my phone. But the filter info is definitely posted here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MrNuff (02-16-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    One is in the pan, and the other is a cartridge filter located by the dipstick tube by a large electrical plug. I'm on my phone also, so do a search and you'll find it along with part #'s.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    One is in the pan, and the other is a cartridge filter located by the dipstick tube by a large electrical plug. I'm on my phone also, so do a search and you'll find it along with part #'s.
    Thanks All for your response I located the source.
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ange-frequency

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrNuff For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-16-2019),MetroMPG (02-19-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ah yes, I remember when I was so young and full of hope.

I have the same commute (120 miles) with the same speeds (70-80mph), and now a lump of steel where a functioning CVT used to be. And it basically went from good to uh-oh in the space of a week, and then limped on for a couple more months because I'm brave.

If you hit 200,000 miles, you will be the highest mileage CVT on here. As of now the highest is/was shy of 192,000 miles. Mine was at 175,000 miles. Best of luck.

@Fummins: I haven't sourced one yet, I'm a little reluctant until this weather clears up. My garage isn't heated. Brrr.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyrelirwin For This Useful Post:

MrNuff (02-16-2019)