Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: And Another CVT problem.

I just drove this turd 33kms trying to get the transmission hot. 1/2 in town 1/2 down the highway 70mph. It just kept on getting warmer then entire time. By the time I turned around and started heading back on the highway the cvt temp was 83C(181F) and seemed to be holding for a few minutes then as I started slowing down it crept up to 85 then 86C(186F). It's been idling for 10 mins now and stayed at 86C. The coolant temp was pretty close to the cvt fluid temps until I revved it up. Cvt got up to 89C and coolant got up to 97C when the fan kicked in.

It drove fine the entire time. Of course it did... At least the cvt worked fine. Engine is pretty clacky like my white car, the tires sound horrible like a bad wheel bearing and it sounds like the rear shocks are pounded out of it. I couldn't drive around in that all day, I'll have to fix all that before I kick it out the door.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (04-13-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Are you using an OBD II reader to get the CVT temperature in real time while the engine is running?

What temperature does Mitsubishi specify as ideal for the Mirage CVT? I know some Nissans are supposed to run at no higher than 165F under optimal conditions.

I had a driver tell me their 2017 Mirage wanted to stall when pulling up to a stop sign...They put it in neutral and carried on with their day. It sounds like it happened a 2-3 times today. That's not a good sign.
    I'm jumping the gun and expecting the worst. Could be anything....But, maybe I'll get to make a cvt replacement video sooner than I expected.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I had a driver tell me their 2017 Mirage wanted to stall when pulling up to a stop sign...They put it in neutral and carried on with their day. It sounds like it happened a 2-3 times today. That's not a good sign.
    I'm jumping the gun and expecting the worst. Could be anything....But, maybe I'll get to make a cvt replacement video sooner than I expected.
    How many miles? Tranny replacement video would be awesome!

Don't worry Dirk, it has lots and lots of mileses and it hasn't gotten the 30k fluid changes on time, I don't think it's even had a cvt filter replaced. I'll try to drop the pan later today.

I was trying to put together a vijeo about this particular car one of these months.

Mirage videos: