Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And Another CVT problem.

And Another CVT problem.

I just got word that another Mirage is having problems with the transmission. I don't many details other than it doesn't have more than 120k kms/74500miles. It's a 2015.

Last edited by Fummins; 01-18-2019 at 02:25 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yikes. I would say your fleet is driven a bit harder than someone's personal car but that sucks.

I personally wont own a cvt, in any vehicle.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I personally wont own a cvt, in any vehicle.
    I feel the same way!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well Fumins,

At least you cheer me up better about choosing the 5 speed manual for my car. There was a time when I regretted choosing the manual transmission and wished that I had gotten the CVT instead.

In my city when looking at a used 2015 Mirage (this week) there is not much price difference between cvt or manual when buying from private owners on Craigslist .
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Boooooooo!!! Keep us posted when you tear that thing apart.... and maybe pics of putting a new one back in...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks for the heads-up Fummins. I'm sure you'll keep us apprised of the situation so thanks in advance too.
    2018 Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Especially since I'm terrible at keeping up with maintenance on my own stuff until something actually breaks.
    Cobbler's children going barefoot?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    ...To me it seems like they are hoping it'll limp by til warranty is up...
    I know more than one person in this situation. CVT is acting up occasionally, but dealer is "unable to duplicate customer concern" and kicks it down the road until it happens again. One is a Nissan, the other a Subaru (both Jatco units). The only thing going for these people is that both have an extended warranty.

They also (unfortunately) replaced all the brakes and charged close to $2000 for new pads,shoes, rotors and drums.
    Holy *!#$...was that a mistake by the person that dropped off the car?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Wow, & are you getting the old parts back to inspect?? I took the wifes car to the local place for an oil change today & they told me the air cleaner was blocked solid. I said "Show me". When they took the filter out , I held the filter to the sun & asked them to explain how light shines thru a blocked air filter, & they told me "Everyone replaces parts by the schedule". Maybe this is what happened to you??? Did they not call for authorization to do the brakes??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got an update on the car. It has 119k kms, the dealer said there's nothing wrong other than the fluid is dirty. They replaced it, I assume they just pulled the plug not drop the pan. On the invoice they noted the fluid was still dark after changing it....To me it seems like they are hoping it'll limp by til warranty is up. But you can't fix what ain't broke.

They also (unfortunately) replaced all the brakes and charged close to $2000 for new pads,shoes, rotors and drums. Figured I'd share this so nobody ever takes there car in to the dealer for brake work. The most expensive part was the rear drums at over $300 a side.
    Wow crazy expensive. That's the only thing I dont like about the mirage. Really hoping for aftermarket options