Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: And Another CVT problem.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Of course your correct but it was his lack of enthusiasm for his product which if I was shop manager Id be thinking a stern talking to in the office. But Im not a snitch, and I dont believe in being that asshole customer that complains to management when he asks for an honest opinion and doesnt hear what he wants to hear. But trust me Fummins, your opinion means alot more to me with your experience, than some underpaid overworked dealership hack with an axe to grind against his employer.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    They don't like to be ran outta oil to the point that they go into limp mode then driven til they won't go anymore. Shoulda replaced the cooler before sending it to the dealer but that's kinda unethical and I didn't have or forethought or time to do it.

These things don't seem to be as tough as old junk. I once had a 79 ford with a c6 that needed a torque seal. I just bought a 5 gallon pail of atf and drove it til it stopped moving, fill it up and keep going. Only did that for a few days. That thing lasted another 15 years that I know of, probably longer.
    X2 on the C6. I still have an old 82 Ford bucket van with 351W and C6. Old Bell System truck, who knows how many miles. Trans works with any fluid you put in it and shifts beautifully.
    No question, most newer products are usually built 'just good enough'.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrelirwin View Post
    Ah yes, I remember when I was so young and full of hope.

I have the same commute (120 miles) with the same speeds (70-80mph), and now a lump of steel where a functioning CVT used to be. And it basically went from good to uh-oh in the space of a week, and then limped on for a couple more months because I'm brave.

If you hit 200,000 miles, you will be the highest mileage CVT on here. As of now the highest is/was shy of 192,000 miles. Mine was at 175,000 miles. Best of luck.

@Fummins: I haven't sourced one yet, I'm a little reluctant until this weather clears up. My garage isn't heated. Brrr.
    Whatever happened to your Mirage?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrelirwin View Post

@Fummins: I haven't sourced one yet, I'm a little reluctant until this weather clears up. My garage isn't heated. Brrr.
    Any update? I'm doing lots of side jobs now, hoping to pick up one of these Attachment 15145 https://www.babco.ca/BendPak-MD-6XP this fall.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any update? I'm doing lots of side jobs now, hoping to pick up one of these Attachment 15145 https://www.babco.ca/BendPak-MD-6XP this fall.
    Check this out not sure what shipping would cost.

https://www.harborfreight.com/6000-l...ift-91315.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrNuff For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-01-2019)

Yeah I saw those, with exchange rate would cost $2245 plus lot oh shipping, duty and taxes. I found this Atlas one https://www.atlasautoequipment.ca/at...-scissor-lift/. I'd rather just buy a brand name one for the same money. Only crapy part is I can't find any portable scissor lift that's ALI certified.

I'd love a 2 post as I have 10 1/2' ceiling and could go a little higher with different trusses. But my floor isn't thick enough. If I'm gonna spend a ton to demo and pour a new pad then screw with the roof I might as well try to extend the garage another 8-10 feet towards the street. After all that it might be more cost effective to just build a new garage in my front yard?? Use one for parking and other for illegally working on cars without a business license for cash and not claiming it as income on my taxes
    Last edited by Fummins; 08-01-2019 at 04:35 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    So Fummins, whats the deal with your fleet? Any new problems pop up? Did you end up saving that last CVT?

No news is good news. I pulled the input shaft out of the cvt that failed last month(or this month?). And that's as far as I've gotten. Still planning to source a new shaft and housing and wait for the next one to crap out.

There's one car here that's going for a new record, it's at 298k kms(someone else translate that, I'm lazy)Ok it's 185k miles.... . Another few months and it'll the longest lasting Mirage cvt that I've heard of lol! Possibly the longest lasting Jatco Cvt as well?
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    No news is good news. I pulled the input shaft out of the cvt that failed last month(or this month?). And that's as far as I've gotten. Still planning to source a new shaft and housing and wait for the next one to crap out.

There's one car here that's going for a new record, it's at 298k kms(someone else translate that, I'm lazy)Ok it's 185k miles.... . Another few months and it'll the longest lasting Mirage cvt that I've heard of lol! Possibly the longest lasting Jatco Cvt as well?
    Its a testament to how well you maintain your fleet in all honesty brother. Well done. Jatco needs to make you their North American spokesman.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks

Its been a month Fummy, you think this one could hit 200k miles and break the record? God I hope so.......