Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recall europe (related to engine stop/start)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlot View Post
    Did you have any issues with Stop & start since your recall?
    If we turn off the Stop & start, do we still need a Stop/start battery in case we have to replace it? Thanks
    no issues before and after recall and it always restarted when i have forgotten to turn it off

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    |This is peculiar, to each their own I guess. I had ASG (Auto Stop & Go) firstly on my 2010 Mitsubishi Colt 1.3 Cleartec. At first it bloody annoyed me but I adopted the opinion that it's there so don't worry about. Since 2010 I've had a few with ASG, doesn't bother me one bit. The Mirage makes its own mind up whether it's going to operate or not. If the green A is displayed above the econometer it'll cut out at lights etc, if it isn't illuminated it'll not shut off. I haven't a clue what makes it either go on or go off. I drive the car and just don't think about it.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    |If the green A is displayed above the econometer it'll cut out at lights etc,
    Really? My Space Star only shuts down the engine. Everything else (wipers, light, radio, ...) stays on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    Really? My Space Star only shuts down the engine. Everything else (wipers, light, radio, ...) stays on.
    I think you've misunderstood Space Wolf, It'll cut just the engine at traffic lights everything else still works.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I think you've misunderstood Space Wolf, It'll cut just the engine at traffic lights everything else still works.
    Nice that it keeps the radio on. It should work nicely if using the USB port.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Nice that it keeps the radio on. It should work nicely if using the USB port.
    Yeah, everything electrical stays on the only off is the engine (when the bloody car wants to) The ASG is very "selective" and I just cannot fathom how, why or when.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, everything electrical stays on the only off is the engine (when the bloody car wants to) The ASG is very "selective" and I just cannot fathom how, why or when.
    Thread: Operation & details of the Auto Stop & Go (engine stop/start) on a 1.2L CVT Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by talldino View Post
    (Admin note -- this thread split from: adding the stop & go feature? )

Hi guys,

Are the two Dutchmen really the only people on this forum driving a Space Star/Mirage with an Auto Stop and Go system (AS&G)?

I tried to picture my alternator (95 A according to the manual), but the result was a mess, due to my limited photographic abilities.

I had a good look at my battery. The label says: "20 HR, 66 Ah, for stop and start". That seems to suggest that Mirages without AS&G have smaller batteries fitted. Could you guys without AS&G please check what's under the bonnet?

The European Space Star has a switch on the dash to disable the AS&G, but I always leave it 'on'. It works flawless in my CVT: just take your foot off the brake, the engine starts and gives you a smooth little push forward (I call it a 'kick'), for instant driving speed.

In the following situations the AS&G will not function:

- You don't use your safety belt.
    - The driver's door is not completely closed.
    - The bonnet is open.
    - The coolant temperature is too low.
    - The airco system is busy cooling the inside of the car. (Climate Control).
    - The inside of the car is heated. (Climate Control).
    - The rear window heating is 'on'.
    - The airco is in 'auto'-mode and switched in either the max or min position.
    - After starting the car it has not gone faster than 5 km/h.
    - After starting the car no more than 30 seconds have passed.
    - The car is started en stopped within 10 seconds.
    - The selection handle of the CVT is in any other position than 'D'. (AS&G will not function in 'Ds'!)
    - The Automatic Stability Control is either switched off or active.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Eggy, in response to your post regarding AS&G ( Hi guys,

Are the two Dutchmen really the only people on this forum driving a Space Star/Mirage with an Auto Stop and Go system
    as previously stated I do have it. My car has the switch to disengage AS&G on the centre console forward of the gear lever adjacent to the heated seat switches.
    Curiously I have had the AS&G operating when the air con is on, it mostly refuses to come on in damp/wet driving conditions.So that's about 367 days a year then
    I'll photograph my battery tomorrow (if I can find it, is it the size of a Duracell AA)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe I should have pointed out that it's a rather old post?

It appears that a lot has to happen in order for AS&G to work.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    It appears that a lot has to happen in order for AS&G to work.
    Not really, in my experience. It just works unless.

That list is of exceptions more or less logical. AS&G won't work if it can't guarantee it can start the engine in the time needed to press the clutch. (Engine cold, Battery voltage too low, ...).
    It won't work when the engine is needed for other purposes than driving. (Airco, heating, high electric load).
    And then there are some weird exceptions, like 'You don't use your safety belt.'

BTW, it feels a bit strange when you are waiting for a traffic light, and suddenly the engine starts because the airco switches on, or the engine is getting cold/battery too low. In that case I'd prefer to have a warning, so I could have the choice to switch off the engine before it restarts.

it mostly refuses to come on in damp/wet driving conditions
    In that case you have either the rear- or the frontwindow defogging on? High electric load.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)