Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Pumpkin :: 2018 Mitsubishi mirage gt (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    The Pumpkin
    Mitsubishi
    mirage gt
    Sunrise Orange
    cvt

This is my 1st new car ever. I can't believe how nice it actually is after all the reviews I read online about it. The info from real people on this forum made the decision to buy easy!!

Details

Smoked LED Repeater lights in fenders, OEM Front & Rear splash guards,hood protector, Krown rust proof, Added the wiper arm on the right side frome europe to replace the "bent" one we get in North America.

All Weather floor mats (Kinda shoulda got the weathertech ones..)(*EDIT* I did get the Weathertech ones, so much better .) Tinted windows. Hour meter added to center console.

Stock. Does the remote start system count as entertainment???

•  

Block Heater, Battery warmer blanket, Window washer reservoir mod. (Thanks to whoever posted it!!!)

•  

Stock

•  

Steel wheels & snow tires are on now, the OEM alloy ones are waiting better weather...

Comments: 23 / Views: 18312
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey klroger that looks pretty slick. Do you have any suggestions on which features to look for, and a link to yours?
    Here is the one I have. https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/en/...TS/p/BWNAFG37R
    It has a filtered fitting that goes in the intake so if the hose has a failure, the air is still filtered. I reads red @ 25" H2O (0.9 PSI) differential pressure but locks & holds the highest reading so if you drag race the honda today @ WOT, you can read the differential pressure across you filter tomorrow until you reset it for another race or when you change your filter..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The Pumpkin has a new driveway friend. A Cheep economy from another generation

From This ::Name:  thumbnail_IMG_1921.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  54.1 KB

To This Name:  thumbnail_drive-1.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  92.5 KB

Name:  thumbnail_drive-3.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  88.8 KB

Name:  thumbnail_drive-4.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  90.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

craigq (09-12-2021),dspace9 (08-26-2019),inuvik (08-25-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    That Beetle turned out great. How's it drive?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That Beetle turned out great. How's it drive?
    I've put about 100 miles on it & I'm surprised how well it runs along the highway @ 100 / 110 kmh (60 ~70 MPH) on the speedometer. I don't know what it gets for gas mileage yet,but if I get some #'s I'll let you know... Right now it's just a toy

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Great photos, klroger. Economical cars from one generation to another. I like the paint, that looks like an original Beetle colour.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    , that looks like an original Beetle colour.
    It is the original color, "Bahama Blue" . The Bug is a 1966 & I have owned it for 30 years. Just got my life in a place that I could do it justice... & I think it deserved it

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    It is the original color, "Bahama Blue" . The Bug is a 1966 & I have owned it for 30 years. Just got my life in a place that I could do it justice... & I think it deserved it
    Looks like an awesome restoration!

I love the simplicity of the dash and the large steering wheel!

It's a cool toy! I don't blame you for being proud of it!

I hope you share more about it in the future!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I got the Pumpkin Krown undercoated again in preparation for another winter in the Ontario salt Roads It really looks good underneath so far... Then I put her to work, She has to pay for the undercoat somehow...
    Name:  Pumpkin @ work.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  63.0 KB
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

10. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (09-06-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I did the same thing to my Mirage in July. Krown says the product seeps better in the summer, so more areas are protected for the winter.

I am getting a bit of rust inside the wheel arches, even though I've gone to krown every year. Overall saves the car. Saves the doors and saves the underside for sure. Under the hood you can tell my car has been oiled.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I did the same thing to my Mirage in July. Krown says the product seeps better in the summer, so more areas are protected for the winter.

I am getting a bit of rust inside the wheel arches, even though I've gone to krown every year. Overall saves the car. Saves the doors and saves the underside for sure. Under the hood you can tell my car has been oiled.
    You mean they spray the engine compartment too? Like the entire engine gets coated?

Where exactly is the Krown applied? My apologies if you’ve covered this already, just point to the post where you mentioned it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)