Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Pumpkin :: 2018 Mitsubishi mirage gt (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    The Pumpkin
    Mitsubishi
    mirage gt
    Sunrise Orange
    cvt

This is my 1st new car ever. I can't believe how nice it actually is after all the reviews I read online about it. The info from real people on this forum made the decision to buy easy!!

Details

Smoked LED Repeater lights in fenders, OEM Front & Rear splash guards,hood protector, Krown rust proof, Added the wiper arm on the right side frome europe to replace the "bent" one we get in North America.

All Weather floor mats (Kinda shoulda got the weathertech ones..)(*EDIT* I did get the Weathertech ones, so much better .) Tinted windows. Hour meter added to center console.

Stock. Does the remote start system count as entertainment???

•  

Block Heater, Battery warmer blanket, Window washer reservoir mod. (Thanks to whoever posted it!!!)

•  

Stock

•  

Steel wheels & snow tires are on now, the OEM alloy ones are waiting better weather...

Comments: 23 / Views: 18310
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    You mean they spray the engine compartment too? Like the entire engine gets coated?

Where exactly is the Krown applied? My apologies if you’ve covered this already, just point to the post where you mentioned it.
    They spray all the steel body under the hood. Inside the hood, along the rad support & inner fenders, strut mount areas etc. They don't spray the engine, but it does get some overspray. They drill holes in the doors, pillars & rockers to get to the inside of cavities then plug the holes with rubber plugs after, as well as inside the frame etc under the car. As DS mentioned it creeps better in the summer. It will drip as it is a light oil product, not a grease as some of the "dripless" products can be. https://youtu.be/WgvL40QefZ0 if anyone is interested in a video...

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-06-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    You mean they spray the engine compartment too? Like the entire engine gets coated?

Where exactly is the Krown applied? My apologies if you’ve covered this already, just point to the post where you mentioned it.
    klroger explained krown way better than I ever could. I think you could even hop over the border and get your Mirage oiled. Why not?

Just not vice versa at the moment I heard krown dealers are harder to find in the USA. In the old days you could practically take a street car from Toronto to Buffalo.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-06-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Changed the Oil & Filter on the weekend & installed the snow tires in prep for another winter I had a close look under the Pumpkin & thanks to the Krown, I see no sign of rust yet after 3 nasty Eastern Ontario salty winters... Name:  frame.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  53.5 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-03-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    64600 KM. Replaced the front brake pads & rotors yesterday. When I put the winter tires on I noticed they were at the end of their life. I went with Eurorotor coated rotors & Ceramic (?) pads. The pads just looked like normal ones & the braking doesn't feel any different, but I'll see how they hold up...