Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: traction control light illuminated

Country
    United States
    Thanks

traction control light illuminated

so its been raining hard here in socal for almost a week now and i noticed the traction light came on after driving on some of the flooded streets... it started last night after i got out of the parking area but i goes away after about 5 minutes of driving... this morning after seeing my patient it went on again and it was illuminated until i reached the office... abs light is not illuminated when it happened... i know this is a safety feature but i want to ask if its acceptable for it to be constantly illuminated for lets say 10-20 mins even at stop?... Name:  DSC_0188.jpg
Views: 3784
Size:  101.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by flip096 View Post
    so its been raining hard here in socal for almost a week now and i noticed the traction light came on after driving on some of the flooded streets... it started last night after i got out of the parking area but i goes away after about 5 minutes of driving... this morning after seeing my patient it went on again and it was illuminated until i reached the office... abs light is not illuminated when it happened... i know this is a safety feature but i want to ask if its acceptable for it to be constantly illuminated for lets say 10-20 mins even at stop?... Name:  DSC_0188.jpg
Views: 3784
Size:  101.2 KB
    NO that isn't normal. You might have codes stored. I just drove a Mirage to the dealer with a similar issue but our car had the brake lights stay on dimly when the ignition was on. And stunk like burnt electrical under the dash.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    NO that isn't normal. You might have codes stored. I just drove a Mirage to the dealer with a similar issue but our car had the brake lights stay on dimly when the ignition was on. And stunk like burnt electrical under the dash.
    what did they diagnosed it for when you took it to the dealer?... mine resets after i restarted the car and it drives fine... i just checked my obd scanner for fault codes right now and it didnt show anything...are you driving under normal driving condition when it happened?
    Last edited by flip096; 01-17-2019 at 06:15 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    what did they diagnosed it for when you took it to the dealer?... mine resets after i restarted the car and it drives fine... i just checked my obd scanner for fault codes right now and it didnt show anything...are you driving under normal driving condition when it happened?
    I had this happen a time or two here on the Oregon Coast. It was during some torrential rain and fording through some deep standing water. It reset itself after awhile and hasn't happened again in a couple of years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-06-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I had this happen a time or two here on the Oregon Coast. It was during some torrential rain and fording through some deep standing water. It reset itself after awhile and hasn't happened again in a couple of years.
    oh ok... so i dont really have to worry right now right?... i'll see if it will turn back on tomorrow when the weather is much better and there's no rain...

Our dealer sucks, they think it's the brake light switch. The brake lights still come one and flicker like like a power surge even with the switch unplugged.
    Like inuvik said, I'm sure you just got something wet and don't have the exact same problem as we have. It's -20C and snowing here so our normal is gonna be slightly different from your's.
    Most obd scanners can only read engine codes and can't read abs and airbag codes. Unless you have a decent one that cost closer to $1000 or more.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    oh ok... so i dont really have to worry right now right?... i'll see if it will turn back on tomorrow when the weather is much better and there's no rain...
    If it doesn’t return then I wouldn’t worry about it. If the light stays off you can check to see if your traction control is working correctly by manually shutting it off by holding the pushbutton for a few seconds (you can even do it while in motion) and the symbol will light up meaning no traction control. Repeat to turn the warning light off (which means traction control enabled) or shut the vehicle off and restart.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    If it doesn’t return then I wouldn’t worry about it. If the light stays off you can check to see if your traction control is working correctly by manually shutting it off by holding the pushbutton for a few seconds (you can even do it while in motion) and the symbol will light up meaning no traction control. Repeat to turn the warning light off (which means traction control enabled) or shut the vehicle off and restart.
    i did this last night and both lights are on (traction light is on and the one that indicates that it is disabled is also on) does that mean that it is working properly? should the warning for traction light be off instantly when you enable the traction control off?

Name:  DSC_0189.jpg
Views: 3059
Size:  101.6 KB
    Last edited by flip096; 01-18-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is a error, the bottom lamp should only be lit when the wheels are spinning and Traction Control is actively working to prevent wheel spin.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-18-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    update on this one... i drove 30 miles from work... light didnt came on... i guess its just the sensors being wet due to the car lowered from coilovers and flooding... i also forgot to mention that when it happened yesterday, the car drives normally without losing power and i dont have problem with braking or controlling the car even when the traction control light is on... i'll still continue to monitor it today and i will update again....