Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: traction control light illuminated

I wish I was so lucky to have a car fix itself lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I wish I was so lucky to have a car fix itself lol
    lol..i think i just got lucky..i am too positive that it would turn on the day i took it to the mechanic but it didnt..they advised me to keep driving that same day until it goes back on again then take it to them right away and not to shut the car off..i think i drove like 70 miles that day wasting gas and it didnt came on....i got another code this morning before i started the car and it is p1590... i think the wheel sensors are too sensitive during the wet season.. it stays on during my entire drive to work but it didnt came back on after i restarted the car...

Or it could be the beginning of a problem. That connector I had a problem with on 2 of my other threads seems to give a lot of grief, a lot oh stuff runs through it, abs, brake lights, airbag sensors, and I don't know what else. And from what I saw they can have pretty visible signs of corrosion or next to none at all and give pretty intermittent annoying problems. I'm still not positive this was the problem with the car with the traction control and brake lights staying on but I'm more confident than the dealer seemed to be about replacing the etacs module for $1300 and hope it'd fix it lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I've had a mirage kill power when hitting the brakes under throttle. It will do it everytime without fail.
    I haven't had to worry about this yet, but do 2018 manual transmission Mirages have that 'hill assist' I keep hearing about? If not, and it kills the motor, I may just have to back into something (curb, car) before I can start on a steep hill without it dying.

I assume it would, I have zero experience with a 5spd mirage though. It seems like something I would want to bypass if it doesn't release the brakes quick enough.