Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about the 2020 Supra?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    ... but the grill looks Alfa Romeo.
    That was my first thought when I saw it.

Alpha Romeo 4C Spyder

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  54.0 KB

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-18-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    That RX8.....I mean supra is a flop. Its ugly and it's not even a Toyota.

And in 27 years it loses 5mph, has a lower redline, barely beats it in weight,
    And power. It does have 50/50 distribution but that's it. No thanks.
    The weight distribution 50/50 is another BMW trait. It is ugly for sure, though so are a lot of cars these days, worst in my opinion Lexus SUV's with random lines, makes the thing look like a transformer stuck in the middle part if you know what I mean during the transforming process frozen there in the middle of it

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That is an ugly car but I have seen & heard that very Alfa there walking by the new Alfa dealership randomly while my Mitsu was being serviced. Sort of the auto mile in town. The sound the 4C is a really fantastic, amazing growl seriously and that car does just look better in real life than pictures do to it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    That was my first thought when I saw it.

Alpha Romeo 4C Spyder
    SorryName:  4c auto show.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  58.8 KBName:  4c auto show.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  58.8 KB I forgot I have also seen the 4c at the Detroit auto show back in 2016.. and I remember this photo I took at Cobo Hall very well. Nice car wouldn't you say

It looks like they took the roof from a viper, front bumper openings from an alpha romeo, and from that picture it looks an awful lot like an rx8. I wouldn't consider buying a re-bodied bmw with a toyota sticker on it. And I agree with others, no manual option is pretty lame. I'm also not a huge fan of any automatic that doesn't use mechanical shifter to take it out of park. But I'm mostly looking at a when something goes wrong point of view.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Buying a Toyota with a BMW badge is one one thing. But why buy a BMW with a Toyota badge on it when the same BMW is the same price???
    I totally agree! When Toyota was making cars like the Pontiac Vibe and Geo/Chevy Prizm, that made total sense. They were expanding their market in areas Toyota dealership didn't exist. For example, why would I drive to 65+ miles to buy a Toyota Matrix when I could buy a Pontiac Vibe at my local hometown GM dealership?

These rebadged Toyota vehicles may be some of the best small cars GM ever sold. I know lots of people still driving Pontiac Vibes, and they all love them!

Toyota is known for their boring & dependable cars, & it seems like they want to change that image. Toyota reminds of the kid in school that wants to be cool, but just can't quite pull it off. Personally I think this trend is taking Toyota away from what they are good at, & that's making super dependable, boring vehicles that never break down.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Personally I think this trend is taking Toyota away from what they are good at
    I think this car(s) works better as a BMW. Like the 2020 Supra the Toyota 86 is another oddball crossbreed car. They sell though, I see them all the time. My neighbour has a newer Toyota Tacoma truck and I have borrowed it a few times, drives smooth... they are supposed to be the best trucks money can buy.

They made the matrix where they make the Tesla cars now, their old "joint venture" plant in Cali

Remember the Chevy that was a Corolla twin, I forget the name now, early 90's
    Last edited by dspace9; 01-19-2019 at 12:45 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I think this car(s) works better as a BMW. Like the 2020 Supra the Toyota 86 is another oddball crossbreed car. They sell though, I see them all the time. My neighbour has a newer Toyota Tacoma truck and I have borrowed it a few times, drives smooth... they are supposed to be the best trucks money can buy.

They made the matrix where they make the Tesla cars now, their old plant in Cali
    Toyota 86 (Subaru connections) is also about half the price of this new Supra!

Plus, we're a bunch guys/gals that like our cheap little Mirages. Probably not the best place to find an endorsement for semi-expensive sports car!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Toyota 86 (Subaru connections) is also about half the price of this new Supra!

Plus, we're a bunch guys/gals that like our cheap little Mirages. Probably not the best place to find an endorsement for semi-expensive sports car!
    For sure, do I love my Mirage most for its great fuel economy, that was my main reason for buying the car. I don't even have air conditioning in my '14. That said I do like my sports cars and classic cars.

The Corolla/Chevy car was the Geo Prism.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also if you go back to the 80's there was the Chevy Nova which was basically a Corolla.

Fun fact, the Nova and Prism were not actually Corollas but the very VERY closely related Toyota Sprinter.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-19-2019)