Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about the 2020 Supra?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Yeah sometimes I regret putting the window visors on. There no other problems for me though. The Mirage is better for a tall person than my 2011 Corolla S

There's several reasons why Toyota rebrands cars here in the US. We're more gullible and accepting. Europeans aren't very accepting of Asian luxury car brands. Lexus took forever to get footing in Europe.
    Good to know about the window visors, that was one of the few options I have still considered ordering from the dealer, never thought of them making visibility worse. There is lots of head room in the Mirage, certainly more than many late model cars, just not as much leg room as I could have - same story in the Lancer, the Outlander, and many other cars.

I wanted to give you my two cents on Toyota rebrands. At the end of the day, the companies want to make money, and what better place than the USA, land of car clones examples galore. Getting more expensive to make cars so you will see more weird "hybrid" vehicles. I say embrace it, time and time again age old practice in the auto industry.

My big beef with the new Z4 and 2020 Supra is like the EVO ten it's too heavy 3600 pounds or so it says in Road & Track and convertibles can be heavier still 340 horsepower is 340 horsepower Chevy Traverse or Supra

Last edited by dspace9; 01-20-2019 at 05:58 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Another article on the Supra. Article is neutral to positive, but the comments are super negative! 300 horsepower & no manual transmission is a deal breaker.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-150...163000372.html

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-21-2019),MetroMPG (01-21-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Another article on the Supra
    The interior totally looks BMW. I agree with your no-manual issue, the thing is, most cars nowadays aren't offered with manuals. And the higher up the performance ring you go, the fewer options there are. Hyundai Accent's are still available as a manual, but I think all Hellcat's, all Ferrari's, gone the way of the Automatic tranny.

**I guess you can get a manual on the Hellcat, it's the one from the Viper. I bet they don't sell many (I realize its sacrilegious).
    Last edited by dspace9; 01-21-2019 at 03:12 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quite true. I believe a lot of super cars only come with auto transmissions these days. The truth is they can shift faster than a manual and thus are quicker.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-21-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It would be cool to see a list of all cars offered in a manual for this model year.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-21-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Makes me appreciate my $10,000 Mirage even more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    The Geo/chevy prizm were in fact corolla clones, at least here in the United states. I owned a 1990. It was geo from 87-97and chevy from 98-02.
    Don't forget the pontiac sunburst! Not sure if those were sold in the states but we had them in Canada. Was the isuzu I mark the same as well?
    What about Asuna, they had a rebadged sidekick/tracker called the sunrunner and a rebadged isuzu impulse called the sunfire(around 1993). I think the geo storm might have been the same as an Impulse as well?
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-21-2019 at 06:33 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Don't forget the pontiac sunburst! Not sure if those were sold in the states but we had them in Canada. Was the isuzu I mark the same as well?
    What about Asuna, they had a rebadged sidekick/tracker called the sunrunner and a rebadged isuzu impulse called the sunfire(around 1993). I think the geo storm might have been the same as an Impulse as well?
    We had the geo storm but none of those other here in the states that I recall

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We had the Geo Tracker & Chevy Tracker in the U.S. , which was a Suzuki Sidekick. I know an original owner of a rusted out Sidekick, & I saw him still driving it two days ago. He loves that thing.

If you really think hard, you can come up with other examples. Prior to the Honda Pilot. Honda sold the Passport. The Passport was a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo.

The Dodge Raider was produced by Mitsubishi in Japan, as it was a rebadged first generation Mitsubishi Montero (also known as Pajero or Shogun).

Rebadging vehicles has been going on for quite some time.

Last edited by Mark; 01-22-2019 at 05:19 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-22-2019)