Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ecu programing for boosted applications

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    This illustrates my concerns nicely. There's lots of obstacles to overcome, for marginal gains.

This car is so locked down we can't even manage TPMS, much less an ECU.

Amen. I'd be happy just to be able to fix TPMS myself. On my next tire purchase I'm going to buy four new sensors, document the numbers on them, and have to visit the dealership just to get those numbers programmed in the ECU. Thats pretty freaking locked down if you ask me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 1,011 Posts
    I haven't been sufficiently concerned with these initiatives to get much involved but I can relate to the interest.

I get the impression that the Mirage electronic controls is a next-step departure (evolution?) from Mitsubishi's previous designs. That is, this ain't no Lancer. Otherwise this wouldn't still be a question today.

There's no doubt that the Mirage does share some elements (ETACS) with the rest of Mitsubishi's line.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 50.0 mpg (US) ... 21.3 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    When I got the cams I asked Tuy Krating if he knows of anyone who can flash the stock ecu.
    He gave me a contact of his in Thailand of course called Mr Oat.
    I have yet to contact the person and not sure if he is able to speak in English or not.
    If anyone is interested I can post his contact here.

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Since all we really need is a definition file, does anyone know if the Mirage ECU model is shared with another Mitsubishi (or even other brand)? The definition might already exist somewhere. I've Googled the numbers from pictures of the ECU itself but all I can find is parts listings (the ECU looks pretty cheap to replace).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phaux View Post
    Since all we really need is a definition file, does anyone know if the Mirage ECU model is shared with another Mitsubishi (or even other brand)? The definition might already exist somewhere. I've Googled the numbers from pictures of the ECU itself but all I can find is parts listings (the ECU looks pretty cheap to replace).
    I'm under the impression that the Mitsubishi Mirage ECU is a Bosch unit. I say this because I'm pretty sure the MUT-III programmer is Bosch, and some other evidence (I can't remember now...)

Of course I could be way off here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 50.0 mpg (US) ... 21.3 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.0 mpg (Imp)