Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ecu programing for boosted applications

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Question Ecu programing for boosted applications

Did we at any time come to a conclusion that there his a viable way to crack and modifie the stock ecu/pcm of the mirage.i have a 2017 mirage manual and I'm looking to install a supercharger in this application. the stand alone aftermarket ecu is always a option but the existing ecu and wiring harness would in my mind be easier to deal with if the capability of modifying it would be possible.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The ecm has the ability to be flashed, problem is anyone who has made any headway with tuning them has disappeared. Theoretically some of the hardware and software that people use on evo's should work, but you will have to figure out on your own what settings to pull the bin out of the ecm, and then build your own definition file so you can read anything in it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Apparently, you can use PCM Flash to read and write the ECU's bin file. Then, you can use winOLS to edit the hex file. However, this requires quite a bit of research and/or knowing what you're doing. As kzelisko said, if we had a definition file, it organizes the bin file into easily editable data.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks gentlemen for the quick response look like we have a lot on are plate then.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you make any headway figuring out how to tune one of these things, please let us know. My number one gripe with this car is the dreadful factory throttle tuning, and I would love to be able to fix that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kzelisko View Post
    My number one gripe with this car is the dreadful factory throttle tuning, and I would love to be able to fix that.
    Interesting. What's wrong with it? I haven't noticed any problems with mine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    On my 14 5-speed I find the throttle to be extremely slow to respond to quick throttle inputs. I've found even my old metro had a more responsive engine. Makes it exceptionally difficult to heel-toe downshift, and I've noticed it while trying to do high rpm shifts as well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kzelisko View Post
    On my 14 5-speed I find the throttle to be extremely slow to respond to quick throttle inputs. I've found even my old metro had a more responsive engine. Makes it exceptionally difficult to heel-toe downshift, and I've noticed it while trying to do high rpm shifts as well.
    I have a 2015 5-speed and for a drive by wire system I am impressed with the speedy responsiveness of the 3A92 ECU. I know there's a lot of calculations being done just by stepping on the gas pedal. Do you think re-programming the ECU will improve it's response time?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The throttle response is kinda sluggish if you ask me. Right now in canada -30c and snow on the ground the traction control is working overtime but as soon as you turn it off the the response seems faster and i'm talking without wheel spin on dry pavement. I definitely miss cable operated throttles
    Last edited by Black mirage; 01-21-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just based my own calculated guess work, I'd say that the throttle lag that it has is probably tuned in on purpose, because it's fine when I drive the car normally. It's when I start driving like a lunatic it starts to not do what I want. I'm a vw tech and driving those around everyday, I just find the throttle response is much better, even in the old ones and the diesels.