Thread: Hi foks! Some question before purchasing a MIG

Country
    Chile
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hi foks! Some question before purchasing a MIG

Baltazar from Santiago Chile here.
    I'm amazed with MPG, 2017 face-lift and overall specs vs his competitors.

My concerns are a few

1) Engine and its components REAL durability. I can't keep noticing all that wires with bare black duct tape, thin wires exposure without temp or corrosion protection and massive engine vibrations due 3 cyl.

2) What's the case of a MIG 2012+ with more mileage that you ever heard?

3 )And finally is really easy and low cost to maintain the engine, parts and components? Or is it tricky or not so smooth as you expected?

Thanks a lot and congrats to all proud MIG owners
    Cheers from Chile

I thought this was a post about buying a welder.

My work has a Mirage with almost 400k kms. The engine has never been touched other than replace oil and spark plugs. The only wire that broke under the hood due to vibration has been a ground strap on the rh side of the engine that goes from the body to an engine mount.

Other than having some cvt problems with some 2015 models I haven't really had any issues with these cars. They hold up pretty well overall.
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-18-2019 at 03:00 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-18-2019),fc321 (01-19-2019),Loren (01-18-2019),MetroMPG (01-19-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I agree with Fummins. There just isn't hardly anything to complain about when it comes to the Mirage reliability and/or problems. I'd probably check your rear alignment, but other than that, I would expect many problem free kilometers.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I thought this was a post about buying a welder.

My work has a Mirage with almost 400k kms. The engine has never been touched other than replace oil and spark plugs. The only wire that broke under the hood due to vibration has been a ground strap on the rh side of the engine that goes from the body to an engine mount.

Other than having some cvt problems with some 2015 models I haven't really had any issues with these cars. They hold up pretty well overall.
    I thought it was about fighter planes.

Is the Mirage called a mig in Chile?