Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airbag light B1419, B1418

Airbag light B1419, B1418

I've got a 15' Mirage that came in with 2 codes for the Front lh G sensor. Can anyone confirm the location of that sensor? I figured it was the one on the upper tie bar near the coolant overflow. So far I've swapped sensors with the rh side and still throw the same code so now I'm thinking there's a broken wire somewhere Car is out of warranty and I'm going to do anything I can to avoid the dealer on this one. I need to invest in a power probe.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I checked it out in the service manual. Those have got to be it...

Name:  mirageairbag.jpg
Views: 7480
Size:  49.7 KB
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-23-2019),Fummins (02-01-2019)

Here’s a disappointing update:
    I finally got time to look st this car with the airbag light again. The driver told me today the brake light and engine light are now on as well...
    It has brake fluid... I pushed down hard on the e brake and that seemed to turn off the brake light. It still flickered a bit so I’m not positive if adjusting the switch will fix that or not.
    As I got into the shop I drained the soaked floor mat out and figured I’d take a look for damaged wiring in the drivers kick panel. As one connection between the airbag sensor and air bag module is supposed to be in there.
    Everything appeared ok so far.
    So I hook up the scanner and turn the key on, and the dash lights up like a Christmas tree, scanner won’t read the vin. Something is wrong. Something odd is the dash lights up line the headlights are turned on then flicker bright and dim.

This isn’t good, there’s now 3 cars with random dash lights on for unknown reasons now...

I’ll have a closer look tomorrow, something happened when I pulled the trim off, I’d have to say. Doing a quick wiggle test didn’t help so far. I’ll be trying to figure this one out myself(obviously) but any input or ideas are welcome.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

BuAttachment 13822Attachment 13823 these were both taken with the engine running. The shift indicator flashes, car runs like crap, most of the warning lights are on or flashing. The tach bounces all over the place too. And a warning chime keeps beeping.

Attachment 13828 this might be the problem. Connector c-212. This is the lowest connector clipped to the kick panel below the hood release handle. A lot oh stuff runs through it, the lf airbag sensor being one of the wires. Thankfully I scanned it when the airbag light first came on, cause now I still can't get any communication to any modules. Car runs better when I push both ends of the plug together.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-01-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Just needs a little spit polish.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-01-2019)

Attachment 13829 and the backside of the plug

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

A-Aron (02-01-2019),Top_Fuel (02-01-2019)

I hope this isn't frying any of the computers. I'm willing to bet one beer that this is the problem with the other 2 cars as well. There have been a few recalls already that were supposed to address this problem. Looks like their fix(if they even did anything) didn't work.

Hopefully I can' just replace the pigtail and and be good to go with this one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Good detective work, sir!

So, is it so low that it's getting into standing water? Or is it just in a position where water drips into it from an open door or window?

Maybe a DIY splash shield to protect it would help prevent this?
    Simplify and add lightness.

FIXED: Replaced the pigtail and cleared the dozens of stored codes and everything is working properly again like it should.

The plug doesn't appear low enough that it would ever be submersed in water which is why I was surprised it was so badly corroded. The side of the plug facing me(towards the rear) looked fine but the back side facing the firewall was toast. I'm guessing the humidity from the soaked saltwater brine carpet magically found it's way to that connector. I don't see any way that water could get in there except maybe banging the side of their toe against the kick panel?

I'll be inspecting more of these things as I get caught up. I'm going to try to pick up the car from the dealer today or Monday and see if that one has the same issue. I remember them saying one connector was shorted out but I didn't see any mention of them doing anything about it.

I ended up just wrapping a bunch electrical tape around the wires at the plug then threw a bunch of duct tape at the entire works to try and stop water and crap from getting in there again. Then took a heat gun and shop vac to the floor and carpet to try and soak up some of the nastiness. Don't get that underlay looking crap too hot, it stinks like burnt hair when it melts.

Last edited by Fummins; 02-01-2019 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Added an ending.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-01-2019),FreeYourSOUL (02-02-2019),Loren (02-01-2019)