Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Difficult to start the engine at extreme cold (-27 Celsius)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I'm sure you've already noticed this in the second referenced thread, but perhaps it bears reposting.

Mitsubishi Motors TSB−14−11−002: ENGINE NOISE DURING STARTING

More info at the linked document.

I'll look into saving a copy of this. I'm sure your service manager is aware of this...

I will have a look and see if the service has been done, I have the receipts to the 3 or 4 recalls done on my Mirage. I have the pdf saved of that, and yea, my service manager, well started last Thursday.. so that says it all

Thanks again! Annoying and I knew after 3 days having my Mirage of this problem. Actually was worse at first, the car wouldn't even start.

I might just print this out and ask the newbie manager at my local Dealer to call mitsu HQ, and pass the puck to them, they're a big corporation I'm the little fish here.

Last edited by dspace9; 01-27-2019 at 12:42 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    How many miles on your odometer dspace9?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    109,000 kms

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I called Mitsu's 1-800 number earlier ab my starter, and basically got the run around, they said the Memo or whatever I found on here is for the U.S.-only. Well that's bs balogna because it's the exact same car as the US one, and I complained about the starter from day one back in mid 2014.

The dealer just wants me to buy a new car

So does Mitsubishi. The 10 year warranty is just a plot or scam to get you in the door nice enough car though even through the polar vortex and my routine shift work, commute home the middle of the night rural driving .
    No cars but me driving.. like no cars at all, for miles and miles. Good lights on the Mirage

This week in Southern Ontario extreme cold, and the car hasn't made a weird grinding noise all week starting up middle of the night in Southern Ontario polar vortex cold.

Default oil

Last edited by dspace9; 02-01-2019 at 09:34 AM.