Thread: Car Cover that will fit Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Car Cover that will fit Mirage?

Has anyone bought a full car cover online? I am looking for sun and rain protection and something that will fit the Mirage hatchback and hopefully under 25$ usd

2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    (blank signature)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    I got something very similar, probably even from the same seller. I got it for protecting the car at work from hydroflouric acid constantly coming out of the chimney of the ICL fertilizer factory nearby. Hydroflouric acid disolves glass, and also paint and everthing else. The fabric is rather thin, but of good durable quality, the stuff tents are made of. Because it was too large, my wife added a few more elastic bands, the sort that holds underpants up. In spite of that, you don't need much wind for it to blow off the car. A smaller size would have been better.
    Last edited by foama; 01-24-2019 at 01:48 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-24-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks guys! That is fantastic!!!

I was about to waste $35 on another brand. i will give it a shot and advise how it works out

Im going to be parking the car for 3 days in a row each week. So planning to cover it up.

Ive been riding the motorcycle for 90% of my commutes so the Mirage will probably be getting less than 5000 miles per year.

Present day I have only 15,300 miles total and bought my car brand new at dealership.

If same trend continues I think I will switch to conventional oil and just change it every January. No sense in wasting expensive Synthetic oil for such low miles driven
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post

Ive been riding the motorcycle for 90% of my commutes so the Mirage will probably be getting less than 5000 miles per year.

Present day I have only 15,300 miles total and bought my car brand new at dealership.

If same trend continues I think I will switch to conventional oil and just change it every January. No sense in wasting expensive Synthetic oil for such low miles driven
    On the other hand, if you are only going to change oil once a year and the Mirage only takes 3 quarts, what's the point of scrimping 5 bucks (the maybe $1.50 per quart price difference)? Other than saving 5 dollars a year.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-24-2019)