Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Floor Mats

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought the trim your own good ones. It took awhile but I cut them pretty perfectly for both our mirages. I even cut holes for the stock plastic hooks to keep them put. They work well but do not cover the dead pedal which sucks.

Werhertech would be the best

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

fc321 (01-26-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    fc321 I bought a similar set (branded Goodyear) for another car. I thought they would work great. I spent quite a bit of time trimming.

Eventually I took them out. They never stayed in place and the fit was a continual compromise. The money I saved on the low purchase price was blown trimming them to fit. The finished trim didn't give the coverage I hoped for.

The upside is I re-learned a lesson on buying a product that was built for a purpose. Sometimes (I'll grant, not always) it is worth it to buy an item and use it in the manner in which it was designed. The individual or organization should be rewarded accordingly.
    So what are you using now? I decided to take out the original mats that came with the car (still in mint condition almost) I decided to take them out and save them so that if i sell the car I can sell it with the original mats and they will be in fantastic condition.

The cheap trim-to-fit ones are working okay so far. I also cut a couple of holes in the drivers seat mat in order to slide the hooks into them.

So far so good but these are pretty thin and not built to last. I think the thicker ones from Aldi are a good purchase if you can find them at your local Aldis. I saw them at my Aldis in Miami, FL

But i did not buy a new set at Aldis because my current mats are not yet worn out. I can probably get a good 2 more years out of them.

But I am a huge fan of rubber mats compared to carpet mats. The thicker ones you can just slap them face down against the sidewalk and all the dust and debris comes flying out and many times you dont even need to vacuum those suckers at all.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    So what are you using now?
    WeatherTechs. They're the stuff.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

fc321 (01-27-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    I bought the Mitsubishi All Weather mats & took them out right away & ordered the weathertech ones. If you want my Mitsubishi ones, send me the shipping cost & you can have them. I was really disappointed in them..
    Hey I sent you a private message.