Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Was loving my Mirage, but no longer

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've been loving (and absolutely understand why I see them often) the Yaris (IA) sedan since it became the Mazda2 rebadge. Have driven both auto and manual, loved both! Wasn't crazy about the driving position for either of them, nor the interior. And the front end...well to each their own When it came down to what I could by w/$11k-a used Yaris (IA) w/miles, or my G4. And honestly, I'd pick the G4 again. As far as MPG I'm averaging 32.6 (about 90% of this is work/delivery MPG), my lowest being 27.8 (stop/go traffic, stop/go deliveries for work/AC running full blast) and highest being 41.6 (road trip from Vancouver Wa to the Oregon Coast). I *try* to drive conservatively, but that rarely pans out (although it's much more conducive to drive slow in my G4 than my it was in my Abarth lol ). The more I drive my G4, the more fun I think it is to drive. Even not trying I get great mileage. In about 3 weeks, I'll be headed on a road trip from Vancouver, WA to Wisconsin, and then back a week later. I'm really excited to see what I wind up getting for MPG. In planning for the trip, I've used the EPA suggested Highway estimates to figure out my gas stops/costs (rounded up on the gas prices too). I plan to take it easy on the trip, favoring economy over driving fun. I've owned many cars in my life, and driven many cars, and the Mirage/G4 is a completely wonderful surprise to me!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Go4th View Post
    I've been loving (and absolutely understand why I see them often) the Yaris (IA) sedan since it became the Mazda2 rebadge. Have driven both auto and manual, loved both! Wasn't crazy about the driving position for either of them, nor the interior. And the front end...well to each their own When it came down to what I could by w/$11k-a used Yaris (IA) w/miles, or my G4. And honestly, I'd pick the G4 again. As far as MPG I'm averaging 32.6 (about 90% of this is work/delivery MPG), my lowest being 27.8 (stop/go traffic, stop/go deliveries for work/AC running full blast) and highest being 41.6 (road trip from Vancouver Wa to the Oregon Coast). I *try* to drive conservatively, but that rarely pans out (although it's much more conducive to drive slow in my G4 than my it was in my Abarth lol ). The more I drive my G4, the more fun I think it is to drive. Even not trying I get great mileage. In about 3 weeks, I'll be headed on a road trip from Vancouver, WA to Wisconsin, and then back a week later. I'm really excited to see what I wind up getting for MPG. In planning for the trip, I've used the EPA suggested Highway estimates to figure out my gas stops/costs (rounded up on the gas prices too). I plan to take it easy on the trip, favoring economy over driving fun. I've owned many cars in my life, and driven many cars, and the Mirage/G4 is a completely wonderful surprise to me!
    What area of WI are you headed?

I'm confused by the thread title!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-11-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    What area of WI are you headed?
    Eau Claire area, with a stop in the Rochester, MN area first.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I smear shaving cream on the inside of the G4 then buff it out, clears up any fogging issues for lady on her commute. The downside is it can magnify approaching car lights at night time. My hatch doesnt have this issue too bad for some reason. Volume perhaps?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My 2014, which I owned while living in a cold, snowbelt part of Ontario, Barrie/Orillia never had a problem keeping the windows clear and me warm. Temps there were regularly in the -30c range. My 2014 had climate control, and I found with weathertech mats there was little melted snow getting to the carpets which is a recipe for inside frost. My mileage still stayed around 50mpg imp. provided I wasn't always city driving. Back seat passengers never complained either as my Mirage had the reat seat heat package. Wish I could get that on my 2017.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My neighbor (just recently retired UW-Madison professor) drove a 2019 Hyundai Accent (130 hp) from Seattle to Wisconsin a few weeks ago. She claims that she got mid-40s mpg most of the trip. She was quite impressed!

I wouldn't stick my neck out very far claiming the Mirage blows away everything else on the road these days.
    I rented most all of the compact cars in 2016 to evaluate them. Enterprise had a deal, $30 for a 4 day weekend. A Versa Note CVT which I drove hard for 1400kms got 47mpg imp. It became #2 on my short list. If not for being nearly 2x the Mirage price I would have bought one.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I rented most all of the compact cars in 2016 to evaluate them. Enterprise had a deal, $30 for a 4 day weekend. A Versa Note CVT which I drove hard for 1400kms got 47mpg imp. It became #2 on my short list. If not for being nearly 2x the Mirage price I would have bought one.
    Issue with the Versa though is your way more likely to experience premature CVT failure than on a Mirage and the both use the CVT7! Fummins mentioned programming has much to do with it.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Issue with the Versa though is your way more likely to experience premature CVT failure than on a Mirage and the both use the CVT7! Fummins mentioned programming has much to do with it.
    CVT has come a long way since the Saturn fiasco. That's where I first read about the CVT world. I admit, I still have some reluctance to buy CVT as I plan on 15-20 years for a car and AFAIK no CVT has lasted that long. But yes, Mits CVT implementation is better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Back seat passengers never complained either as my Mirage had the reat seat heat package. Wish I could get that on my 2017.
    Where is this reat(rear?)heat package? Can't say I've heard of that one.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)