I've been loving (and absolutely understand why I see them often) the Yaris (IA) sedan since it became the Mazda2 rebadge. Have driven both auto and manual, loved both! Wasn't crazy about the driving position for either of them, nor the interior. And the front end...well to each their own When it came down to what I could by w/$11k-a used Yaris (IA) w/miles, or my G4. And honestly, I'd pick the G4 again. As far as MPG I'm averaging 32.6 (about 90% of this is work/delivery MPG), my lowest being 27.8 (stop/go traffic, stop/go deliveries for work/AC running full blast) and highest being 41.6 (road trip from Vancouver Wa to the Oregon Coast). I *try* to drive conservatively, but that rarely pans out (although it's much more conducive to drive slow in my G4 than my it was in my Abarth lol ). The more I drive my G4, the more fun I think it is to drive. Even not trying I get great mileage. In about 3 weeks, I'll be headed on a road trip from Vancouver, WA to Wisconsin, and then back a week later. I'm really excited to see what I wind up getting for MPG. In planning for the trip, I've used the EPA suggested Highway estimates to figure out my gas stops/costs (rounded up on the gas prices too). I plan to take it easy on the trip, favoring economy over driving fun. I've owned many cars in my life, and driven many cars, and the Mirage/G4 is a completely wonderful surprise to me!