Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: CVTransmission Failure. P0796, Limp Mode

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm still kinda confused lol, I think we're on the same page but you know that car-part has no clue what parts will fit for a Mirage14+. It know's for pretty much any other vehicle sold in north america(like a camaro transmission) but for some reason, I don't know why, there are a few vehicle models that they just do not have any interchange info on and the 14+ mirage is one of them. I ran into that a few times when I would entering cars into the hollander/eden/car-part system years ago but can't remember what they all were, one was a lada niva, but those are junk and nobody ever bought parts from them.

But agreed, if you know what will fit you can indeed type in the year for non interchange search and come up with cars that are from that era. But it doesn't know, you look up transission for a 14-19' Mirage, and cvt and manual come up, look up 1990-15' and yeah.

I wish the car-part site would actually give interchange for parts that they actually have the interchange for just like the wreckers have access to. Some pick n pull's let customers print off what fits. For example a headlight for an 02' dodge 2500 truck(which has an interchange). Look up on car-part and you'll get stuff from 1994 to 2002. Which is correct, but it doesn't tell you that only 02' 2500 and 3500 will fit cause an 02 1500 is a different body style altogether. Wreckers have that info, we don't When I worked at the one we'd always get people calling just asking for info on what fits with no intention of buying anything.

If you try to look up stuff that they don't and likely never will have an interchange for like an inner fender or door panel then you're gonna have to find out what fits from someplace else.
    It is weird that we are both 'car guys' and seem to be coming up with different results when looking at the same site, isn't it?

That's right! They did hold over that body style in the HD Rams for an extra year, didn't they! It would be very nice if Carpart were that comprehensive, but I still find it to be a reasonably good resource. I noticed that when I was searching for the '14 Mirage CVT the site didn't ask for a build date...which it should have.

I can only assume that Carpart figures any end consumer who uses their site will be a wrench-turner and already have a pretty good idea of exactly what they need?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I'm just glad that we have a new name for Fummins.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Captain Fantastic.
    The best ones are bestowed by friends.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I'm just glad that we have a new name for Fummins.

The best ones are bestowed by friends.
    I say we run with it! It is my understanding that he doesn't like "Fummins" anymore anyway. Perhaps you could change it for him...and let him thank us later?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I say we run with it! It is my understanding that he doesn't like "Fummins" anymore anyway. Perhaps you could change it for him...and let him thank us later?
    So tempting. But I gotta get his approval first.

Someone else around here changed their forum name (I think Alex1a1f.) Confusion sets in when reviewing old posts. Though the name gets updated on all of their posts, their quotes do not. For this reason and others, it's generally not a good practice to change names on a forum. I'm pretty sure I can make it happen though.
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-09-2019 at 11:04 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    So tempting. But I gotta get his approval first.

Someone else around here changed their forum name (I think Alex1a1f.) Confusion sets in when reviewing old posts. Though the name gets updated on all of their posts, their quotes do not. For this reason, it's generally not a good practice to change names on a forum. I'm pretty sure I can make it happen though.
    I doubt anyone will mistake ol' Fummins for anyone else!

You guys are just like the other forums! Whaaa I’m running away and deleting all my posts now!

K maybe not...

I sold my fummins so that name doesn’t fit anymore. Cpt fantastic is ok. Master of the universe sounds better to me. Makes me feel like he-man.
    And yeah car-part doesn’t ask for any extra info for any parts for a mirage. Lol heater controls, headlights they’re all the same?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I sold my fummins so that name doesn’t fit anymore. Cpt fantastic is ok. Master of the universe sounds better to me. Makes me feel like he-man.
    Ha. Ok, just reach out when you decide.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    So, on this topic... Am I gonna have an issue with finding a trans NO MATTER WHAT becuase my car was manufactured in 2013? Digits from door panel are 05583, August 2013. Do I need to find a matching-era 2014?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrelirwin View Post
    So, on this topic... Am I gonna have an issue with finding a trans NO MATTER WHAT becuase my car was manufactured in 2013? Digits from door panel are 05583, August 2013. Do I need to find a matching-era 2014?
    I really don't have a good answer for you there. To be safe I'd probably just make sure the one you get is from a 13-14 that was built before 4/14. I really have no idea why the mitsubishi part numbers are different for the older models. They might look the same but could have wiring pins going different places inside or could be just the newer number is updated and actually will work in place of the older? I'd hate to find out they don't interchange the hard way.
    Basically, you'd have to call around and confirm production dates. I'm not sure where you got 05583 from? I just looked at the sticker on a 2015, it was built in July 2014.

Maybe if you're lucky and can find someone who's helpful at a mitsu dealer parts department they may be able to give you a better answer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

But.... Aldon's has one. Build date sept 2013 with 16k kms. Allen and son's in Calgary has one with 44k dec 13' prod date.

I'd feel confident using one of those ones.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-12-2019),Tyrelirwin (03-22-2019)