Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CVTransmission Failure. P0796, Limp Mode

^ copied part of your post from another thread. Just so there's a status update for people following your situation here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-19-2019),Tyrelirwin (02-23-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hoping to get get a new (used) CVT within the next few weeks. We'll see how it goes!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Well, I dunno about your weather, but we had a taste of spring today. 5C (41F) & sunny. I went out without gloves on for the first time in who knows how long.

Spring fever will be getting all kinds of projects going again if we have another day or 2 like that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Well, I dunno about your weather, but we had a taste of spring today. 5C (41F) & sunny. I went out without gloves on for the first time in who knows how long.

Spring fever will be getting all kinds of projects going again if we have another day or 2 like that.
    Umm, it's -28c/-18f here today:/ Damnit. Just when I thought spring was getting close. NOPE! I gave up on shoveling the driveway at home, figured it's gotta melt any day now lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Tyrelirwin (03-05-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I better correct this....................They are pretty reliable except for a Mirage. You've just been lucky.
    No they don't. .
    Ummm...I have been using the Carpart.com interchange system for years, too. If I type in the make, model, and year of the car I need the part for (2014 Mitsubishi Mirage), search for "transmission", and set the interchange to 2014-2019, then not only do '14 Mirages pop up as donors but '15, '17, and '18 cars do as well. There are probably no '19s in their system yet.

I assumed this meant they would interchange? As it turns out, they do...mostly? A quick search of a Mitsubishi online parts seller's catalog confirms that there are only two flavors of CVTs used in these cars.

One part number is used up until 4/1/2014 (2700A304). The other is used after 4/1/2014 (2700A424).

Better check that build date.

So a CVT from a '17 should fit in a '14...unless it is an early '14. Oh, and the sedans and hatches both use the same transmission.
    Last edited by Cobrajet; 03-08-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Lets kick this dead horse some more! I honestly can't tell if you just don't understand or are just being a troll?

But I hate to tell you, you're still wrong. Argue all you want. Look up a transmission for a Mirage 1942-2019. Then explain how a 1990 whatever is the same. Hense the words "Non-Interchange Search"

If you have to type in the years, they don't have an interchange on car-part.

I called my friend/old boss who actually owns a recycler and is on car-part.com. They don't show an interchange for any 2014+ Mitsubishi Mirage parts and neither does anybody else on that system.

Read post #21 again....
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-08-2019 at 03:28 PM. Reason: ffs

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lets kick this dead horse some more! I honestly can't tell if you just don't understand or are just being a troll?

But I hate to tell you, you're still wrong. Argue all you want. Look up a transmission for a Mirage 1942-2019. Then explain how a 1990 whatever is the same. Hense the words "Non-Interchange Search"

If you have to type in the years, they don't have an interchange on car-part.

I called my friend/old boss who actually owns a recycler and is on car-part.com. They don't show an interchange for any 2014+ Mitsubishi Mirage parts and neither does anybody else on that system.

Read post #21 again....
    Yeah, I read your post, Captain Fantastic. NOW READ MINE. Mitsubishi says they interchange. Full. Stop. Mic. Drop.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-08-2019)

That's my stage name.

I still don't think you understand, I really am terrible at explaining things. But I tried. Wasn't trying to be a dick the first few times....

But yes I agree, the Mitsubishi site(not car-part) shows that an early 14' is different than late 14'. And late 14, and 15'-18' will work for a late model 14'.
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-08-2019 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Is this our first fight?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's my stage name.

I still don't think you understand, I really am terrible at explaining things. But I tried. Wasn't trying to be a dick the first few times....

But yes I agree, the Mitsubishi site(not car-part) shows that an early 14' is different than late 14'. And late 14, and 15'-18' will work for a late model 14'.
    What a coincidence...it is my stage name, too! Good thing we aren't on the same turf, lol! Yes, they interchange according to Mitsubishi. But they interchange according to Carpart, too...at least the way I have always used it. If you only set the interchange years from 2014-2014, then it will only show you 2014 Mirages that have the part you need. But if you set a range of years it will find that part in any year it was offered in that model.

If you are looking for a trans for your '95 Camaro and want to search for other models that may have the same trans...like Firebirds...you can click the other box.

I was really only adding this info for future reference in case anyone else needs the interchange on a CVT.

I'm still kinda confused lol, I think we're on the same page but you know that car-part has no clue what parts will fit for a Mirage14+. It know's for pretty much any other vehicle sold in north america(like a camaro transmission) but for some reason, I don't know why, there are a few vehicle models that they just do not have any interchange info on and the 14+ mirage is one of them. I ran into that a few times when I would entering cars into the hollander/eden/car-part system years ago but can't remember what they all were, one was a lada niva, but those are junk and nobody ever bought parts from them.

But agreed, if you know what will fit you can indeed type in the year for non interchange search and come up with cars that are from that era. But it doesn't know, you look up transission for a 14-19' Mirage, and cvt and manual come up, look up 1990-15' and yeah.

I wish the car-part site would actually give interchange for parts that they actually have the interchange for just like the wreckers have access to. Some pick n pull's let customers print off what fits. For example a headlight for an 02' dodge 2500 truck(which has an interchange). Look up on car-part and you'll get stuff from 1994 to 2002. Which is correct, but it doesn't tell you that only 02' 2500 and 3500 will fit cause an 02 1500 is a different body style altogether. Wreckers have that info, we don't When I worked at the one we'd always get people calling just asking for info on what fits with no intention of buying anything.

If you try to look up stuff that they don't and likely never will have an interchange for like an inner fender or door panel then you're gonna have to find out what fits from someplace else.