Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you bought or test-driven a Mirage / Space Star? Tell us about it!

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Though its small size can slip through narrow gaps and fit smaller parking space, I think it has a lot of blind spots which causes me to be more careful than a larger sedan. The engine is not that smooth and the cabin noise is intolerable at times. The car can really achieve astonishing FE when driven in a certain manner. It accelerates pretty fast enough with one or two person, but a slow down can be felt for every big passenger added.

A good buy?, YEAH, SURE, AYE indeed!

Last edited by Gerami; 05-03-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

Trying to download Video of my car being serviced

This thread is to see if Icould download my video of the Mirage getting serviced.
    I have a crash cam facing forward and back to record anything while the car is moving. So it recorded the mechanic at the mitisbishi dealership.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 47.4 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Funny to see that quite a lot of us (yes, me as well) see cars from "Captain Slow's" POV... maybe we can get the BBC to have James May review a Mirage - only under the condition that the other two won't blow it to pieces in the end.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I tested it and it does quite good, I would prefer the CVT but at a price difference of 2000 euro I get the manual one. The reason i didn't take the 1.2 manual is that I still have to pay tax when I get 1.2 manual, 1.0L manual is tax free until january 2014, so am not paying tax for the car at this moment.
    It's performance does depends on the number of people sitting in the car, I had the car fully loaded with 5 persons today and immediately you notice the suspension's not sufficient, at the first road bump it the car hits the bottom and it's utterly inconvenient for the rear passengers. It's something Mitsubishi does though, my Galant's all the same although in the Galant you sit very comfortably.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    ok i was thinking the 1.2 liter cvt cleartec stop and go is tax free to until jan 2014

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    it's a good choice. I put the money i get from the price difference between CVT and manual to parking sensor and cruise control.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    yes cruise control..its not a option in the EU but i have seen mirage steering wheel with a cruise control button on it!!
    do you get a aftermarket ( the mirage is gas by wire?? ) and is it plug and play?
    love to see some pictures

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This Thursday I test drove Mirage ES with manual transmission. It's hard to add more than what already been said.
    However, I liked what the sales guy said about the car:
    - We received them yesterday and I didn't have a chance to drive one yet. But, it runs much better than I thought.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    This Thursday I test drove Mirage ES with manual transmission. It's hard to add more than what already been said.
    However, I liked what the sales guy said about the car:
    - We received them yesterday and I didn't have a chance to drive one yet. But, it runs much better than I thought.
    Did he go with you on a test drive?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, he rode with me.
    Unfortunately, this car was Thunder Gray and no one in SoCal has Kiwi Green ES manual. So, I didn't buy one and they're not sure if they are expecting one soon.
    Still checking all dealers around town.