Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you bought or test-driven a Mirage / Space Star? Tell us about it!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    Yes, he rode with me.
    Unfortunately, this car was Thunder Gray and no one in SoCal has Kiwi Green ES manual. So, I didn't buy one and they're not sure if they are expecting one soon.
    Still checking all dealers around town.

same situation in Houston. No one has anything but grey, now there are more colors but only CVT models. I am actually looking to get the same set up as you + navigation/backup cam. Might go w/ blue if the green isn't as clean in person. I like the mazda2 green.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2010 Yaris 1.5 manual: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

I like the Mazda2 green as well. And I prefer its looks. Pity about its crappy fuel economy (for what it is).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretts View Post
    same situation in Houston. No one has anything but grey, now there are more colors but only CVT models. I am actually looking to get the same set up as you + navigation/backup cam. Might go w/ blue if the green isn't as clean in person. I like the mazda2 green.
    Some dealers in SoCal received a big bunch of the Mirages. One dealer (Victorville Mitsubishi) got the green ES with manual. However, after Darin's review (Brief test drive: Mirage CVT and 5-speed (Donnelly Mitsubishi, Kanata/Ottawa, Canada)) I began to doubt which type of transmission I want (which will mostly be used for the city).
    I do too like the Green Mazda 2. Mirage's green color is not that juicy. In Germany it is called Green Apple, which is how it looks.

I began to doubt which type of transmission I want (which will mostly be used for the city).
    If the financial question isn't a primary deciding factor, I would just buy the one you like more.

In terms of fuel economy, the real world difference between them doesn't amount to a hill of beans when you're not using much fuel in the first place.

Try them both. I was genuinely impressed by the CVT. I'm just a manual driver.

(Also recall: I thought the CVT might have had more mileage to offer -- it may have been colder than the 5MT car, which would have dragged MPG down a bit.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The financial issue is a primary question. Now, dealers don't want to lower the price as they usually do on Mitsubishi cars. I'm going to see what they'll offer at the end of the year.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The financial issue is a primary question. Now, dealers don't want to lower the price as they usually do on Mitsubishi cars. I'm going to see what they'll offer at the end of the year.
    I am actually doing the same. A friend of mine told me a 2014 won't have any real incentives until 2014... Also want the navigation which I was quoted $1500...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2010 Yaris 1.5 manual: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I too were very impressed with the CVT, just can't afford it financially

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This Thursday I test drove Mirage ES with manual transmission. It's hard to add more than what already been said.
    However, I liked what the sales guy said about the car:
    - We received them yesterday and I didn't have a chance to drive one yet. But, it runs much better than I thought.
    Was that at Glendale Mitsubishi? I went down there (after looking at current inventory on Edmunds.com) about the same time that you did and all they had was a grey ES with manual.

I'm also wanting a ES Kiwi Green one and decided to test drive the grey one since the paint color wont' change the car's performance any. We may have driven the same car, and the salesman's reaction to the Mirage was the same as yours: "better than expected

Huntington Beach Mitsubishi has a bunch of Mirages in ES and DE (no ES in Kiwi Green, but a few DE's in that color). All of the ES were grey, white, or black, except for one Plasma Purple. The salesman cringed when I asked to take that one But there's no way I would buy it. I'm very comfortable in my skin, but that one just screams out to the world, lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by festiboi View Post
    Was that at Glendale Mitsubishi?

I'm also wanting a ES Kiwi Green
    That's right, that was at Glendale Mitsubishi. They still have only that gray Mirage ES with manual. They promised me to find the Green ES Manual at the end of the month (October), if I was ready to buy. I "was" ready to buy because I knew that they won't be able to find one. They didn't call me back. So, I'm not in rush.

If you you want and ready to buy, go to the Victorville Mitsubishi. http://www.victorvillemitsubishi.com...de32ec4acb.htm
    I already put an eye on this car, but decided to postpone to the end of this year, and, more probably, will go with CVT.

UPDate: South Coast Mitsubishi http://www.southcoastmitsubishi.com/...49d4dc237e.htm
    Last edited by Mikhail; 11-15-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks
    The wife and I picked up my parents yesterday and took them to lunch. With both front seats all the way back they got in the back seat without any problem. I asked them if they wanted me to move the front seats forward as I had to in my 2011 Fiesta.

"They are fine just the way they are." They both thought the ride was fine especially considering I am running 45+ psi in the tires.

Mom, who has had both hips replaced, got in much faster than she could in my 92 Sentra or the Fiesta.

He is 94. She is 91 in August.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to deleted user For This Useful Post:

EtotheZ (06-09-2015)