Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback Engine swap

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback Engine swap

Hi, so I have a 2014 Mirage hatchback and I am wanting to 4g63 swap it. Ive been looking at buying an evo and swapping the engine/trans as well as the awd system. My only question is what would I do with the wiring? how would i get my current speedometer to work? or where could ANY information about the swap?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Just buy one of the R5 Mirages, they might be hard to find/import. You can see some videos of these Mirages in rallys on Youtube. Worth a watch. Turbo and AWD I believe
    Name:  10350541_225077497701792_6455531085527671749_n.jpg
Views: 3179
Size:  43.2 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Hi, so I have a 2014 Mirage hatchback and I am wanting to 4g63 swap it. Ive been looking at buying an evo and swapping the engine/trans as well as the awd system. My only question is what would I do with the wiring? how would i get my current speedometer to work? or where could ANY information about the swap?
    Hello Cam and welcome to the forum.

This should be a fun build. Subscribed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    very hard to find which unfortunately makes it expensive as well... could get a wrecked Evo for around 5k and do all the work myself... My budget is somewhere around $7500. I have read on other forums that it was way more expensive than that but those are the prices in my area also I am not really sure of the miscellaneous items that I will probably need.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-26-2020)

I guess to the firewall of the Mirage. Then welded, glued and screwed parts of the Mirage rad support a
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 01:31 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    very hard to find which unfortunately makes it expensive as well... could get a wrecked Evo for around 5k and do all the work myself... My budget is somewhere around $7500. I have read on other forums that it was way more expensive than that but those are the prices in my area also I am not really sure of the miscellaneous items that I will probably need.
    How would you go about fitting the drivetrain of an all-wheel drive Evo into a car as small as the Mirage? It’s hard to imagine but exciting to think about.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Seems totally doable. joined to say he had an evo mirage with a locked tcase.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 01:31 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Mirage videos:

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I took a look at the used EVOs for sale on the local online market around here in Ontario, Canada. To me a lot of the used EVOs seem sketched out cars, with prices too high for what is basically a fancier economy car. So take it or leave it but I would be careful what you paying. My old neighbour across the street said he had a Ralliart after I bought my Mirage new, and he definitely didn't spend a lot on his vehicles. So be careful what you pay, a lot seems overpriced and over customized in a bad way.

Then again you are talking about tearing apart both an EVO and a Mirage .I would do that with two write-off's cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    How would you go about fitting the drivetrain of an all-wheel drive Evo into a car as small as the Mirage? It’s hard to imagine but exciting to think about.
    Yes very exciting to think about.. I am not too sure however I did run across a forum that said to cut out the back floor out of the mirage and then weld in the evos floor pan.. not really sure how it would work unless I could see the evo rear end.