Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 starter / flywheel / ring gear issues (Update: repaired under warranty)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    No, I can do it as a moderator. I've been curious to see if you are able to do it as the thread starter. Again, if you'd like a hand, just let me know.

I'm sorry to hear your problem has gone this way but I have confidence that if I were to experience this with my Mirage, my dealer would take care of the problem for me. They've been a stand-up bunch. I'm only suggesting that I don't think it's fair to paint this problem on Mitsubishi corporate just yet. Anyway, here's hoping they take care of you too.
    But it really is Mitsu corporate's fault! It's certainly not my fault, I don't build starters (and you don't either). Corp Mitsu sold me the faulty car in the first place, not even the sleasy dealer employees I'm dealing with (and they're bad enough dealers're the pushers, not the builders); and secondly, Mitsu is the ones who said they'd fix my starter, then arbitrarily backed out. You'd be annoyed too yo

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    But it really is Mitsu corporate's fault! It's certainly not my fault, I don't build starters (and you don't either). Corp Mitsu sold me the faulty car in the first place, not even the sleasy dealer employees I'm dealing with (and they're bad enough dealers're the pushers, not the builders); and secondly, Mitsu is the ones who said they'd fix my starter, then arbitrarily backed out. You'd be annoyed too yo
    Yep. I guess the only reason their decision makes any sense is this is out of the warranty period, right? That would make it tough to handle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (02-19-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yep. I guess the only reason their decision makes any sense is this is out of the warranty period, right? That would make it tough to handle.

Yes yes no doubt but Mitsu said the mileage wasn't the issue, that I'm over new car warranty now ---they brought it up and said they would fix it anyways no worries. Then 3 days later they called back saying they wouldnt. No explanation cut

Wish it was something like mileage, whatever, anything would make more sense that way

For me it isn't the money its their betrayal of their word, or promise, to rectify the obv. faulty starter I have in my Mirage. Specifically its been both the dealer, and corporate. Too bad I liked Mitsu too

I have seen my issue climb the corporate ladder, and what a slimy, non-customer service experience that has been. Sorry but it's true, my dealer WAS great, then they got sold to another, and now have a new name and locale. That's not helping my personal case, when staff rolls over fast

I remember when I bought the car being so nervous being at this fancy dealership, and I was buying my base Mirage. Now I'm way tougher, I look into things.
    Last edited by dspace9; 02-18-2019 at 12:21 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm suppose to get a phone call this week that they can fix the issue but their words don't mean much, sorry if I seem abrupt or anything, this is just a sensitive point for me.

I bought the Mirage new thinking everything will last and will be covered, the fly wheel for example is under powertrain, so that's even longer than the 5 year new car warranty the starter apparently falls under. But they don't listen to nuance or details at my local Mitsu dealer/ and or the corporate 1800 number I called, ha.

Well they're not working today! (Holiday) Here's hoping the extra day off gives them time to reflect... and decide to do what's right for you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (02-18-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do you suppose this might have been handled differently at another more customer-oriented dealership when still under warranty?

Maybe that's why your dealership has changed hands...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (02-18-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Do you suppose this might have been handled differently at another more customer-oriented dealership when still under warranty?
    I had one thing at my "old" dealer. I ordered front discs, booked my appointment for the Friday, arrived and they accidentally sold my brakes to another customer. Not sure how, but they ended up giving me a free RVR rental for the weekend, even picked up my Mirage and swapped the RVR right from my driveway. But still that was weird.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had one thing at my "old" dealer. I ordered front discs, booked my appointment for the Friday, arrived and they accidentally sold my brakes to another customer. Not sure how, but they ended up giving me a free RVR rental for the weekend, even picked up my Mirage and swapped the RVR right from my driveway. But still that was weird.
    Ok. But do you suppose another more customer-oriented dealership might have handled your starter problem differently?

Never mind. You're right - it's a stupid question.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ok. But do you suppose another more customer-oriented dealership might have handled your starter problem differently?

Never mind. You're right - it's a stupid question.
    Not a stupid question my friend I'm beyond my tolerance point with this issue, yes, if the dealership has stepped up to the plate, I wouldn't be in this predicament. I personally think it's the revolving door of staff my Dealership goes through, but frankly I'm so-so in the cust service department with Mitsu corporation. They're stingy look at all the old 90s eclipse dash parts in the Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They're stingy look at all the old 90s eclipse dash parts in the Mirage
    I hear ya. I'm not sure I'd call Mitsubishi stingy though.

The DaimlerChrysler alliance with Mitsubishi reduced the Mitsubishi R&D department. When that alliance ended, Mitsubishi Motors was unable to develop new platforms like it used to.

It is my understanding that this alliance brought the Smart Car to market, and in turn the Mirage which uses (mostly) the same engine. In that sense, we are lucky to have the Mirage.

Read more here: Wikipedia - DaimlerChrysler–Mitsubishi alliance

Hopefully that helps you better understand the state of Mitsubishi today. In many ways, Mitsubishi is still recovering.