Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 2014 starter / flywheel / ring gear issues (Update: repaired under warranty)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

The DaimlerChrysler alliance with Mitsubishi reduced the Mitsubishi R&D department
    If they aren't stingy what word would you describe Mitsubishi's behaviour toward me?

I kinda like Mitsubishi still and I have a small heart for anything Chrysler hybrids, whether AMC Le Cars all the way to Fiat 500x Jeeps

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    If they aren't stingy what word would you describe Mitsubishi's behaviour toward me?
    I hope you aren't confusing my response to 'old 90s eclipse dash parts in the Mirage' with your current problem! Sorry for any confusion.

They're stingy look at all the old 90s eclipse dash parts in the Mirage

Look, I wish you well, and that there was something I could do to help. If anything, I suggest not waiting for the end of warranty to address problems.

Best wishes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (02-18-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

Best wishes.
    Well, got a voice mail this morning, Mitsu is now honouring their share of the deal, so next week friday my Mirage is in the garage, getting new starter and flywheel. Hope they stick to their word this time, but what a sigh of relief

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

That's good news. Make a copy of that voice mail. :-)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (02-20-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Look forward to writing the post in a few weeks, saying it's actually done. A relief anyway, the small fish wins

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-20-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    That's good news. Make a copy of that voice mail. :-)
    My Mirage is having the new starter, flywheel installed today. Right now. Thank goodness. it's all resolved. And it went from $500 out of pocket to $300, so it shows the total schwarmy-ness of my Dealer.

Thanks to all who helped!!!, especially sending me the technical bulletin ---that is literally what is being done to my Mirage.

I loved when they said "We should have fixed it back in 2014" - ya smarty pants.

Here's a photo of my rental for the weekend, a 2017 Mitsubishi Sportback. Compared to this fully-loaded car, my Mirage is bereft of options! The Sportback is fast, and smooth, but terrible back window visibility. A "Limited edition", so it's one of the last Lancer's brought to N. America.

Thanks again all! Great to know online forums can actually save someone money.
    Name:  Lancer Sportback.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  41.9 KB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-01-2019)

Fancy car.

Glad it all worked out for you in the end.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-02-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Fancy car.

Glad it all worked out for you in the end.
    Yea as I expected, something else has gone wrong.

I won't have my Mirage back home til Tuesday morning at the earliest, so I might just keep the fancy rental car (Lancer Sportback '17) til Friday, or Tueday.

So looking back at my starter problem, and now they don't have any clips or something they lost the clips or don't have new ones, something is on order.

Like right now the car is in the dealer's shop.. not sure my opinion on new spark plugs thoughts? The mechanic is fine bu the one guy doesn't seem to jive but maybe its a bad situation. Fly wheel is power train buddy, the one new guy not sure about him

So what can you do

So I don't have my Mitsubishi Mirage til next Friday possibly, the Lancer SPort is way worse on gas...fast tho... I can tell but I have been driving it fast but I drive my Mirage fast too. That's how my old girlfriend drove her Accent Hyundai all the time.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My new starter you can tell will start my Mirage every time now!! and not strand me the odd time or make that huge grinding noise. The dealer says they spent over 3 grand with the free rental and the engine work, (ya right)

Though you can really tell driving the Mirage now the car has been changed/repaired with new parts. Hope to motor on for a long while now without starter issues.

Local Mitsubishi Dealer doesn't really get that much cred from me, they kept on saying they would fix the starter, then wouldn't, then they dropped the price 250 dollars: same deal with their loaner car and courtesy delivery, beefed me, then eventually gave in. On that one too pulling teeth but the delivery guy was friendly, I offered buddy a coffee even or a chance to come inside to do paperwork which is nicer than many would.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-09-2019),MetroMPG (03-09-2019)

Though you can really tell driving the Mirage now the car has been changed/repaired with new parts. Hope to motor on for a long while now without starter issues.
    Woohoo!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-09-2019)