Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Approx. what does the 60,000 mile Mirage maintenance job cost at a USA Mitsu dealer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Approx. what does the 60,000 mile Mirage maintenance job cost at a USA Mitsu dealer.

I just got a 2015 Mirage DE. It's coming up on 60,000 miles soon.

I've downloaded the official maintenance schedule and see that 60,000 miles is one of the major intervals, with several checks and changes involved.

What might I expect to pay to get all of that done at my local dealer in the US? I thought I'd ask about others' experience, before phoning them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyPal View Post
    I just got a 2015 Mirage DE. It's coming up on 60,000 miles soon.

I've downloaded the official maintenance schedule and see that 60,000 miles is one of the major intervals, with several checks and changes involved.

What might I expect to pay to get all of that done at my local dealer in the US? I thought I'd ask about others' experience, before phoning them.
    Normally, I wouldn't have a dealer do much of anything on any of my vehicles. In your case, however, the 5 year/60,000 mile warranty transfers to the second owner. The 10-year/100,000 mile warranty does not. You may or may not know this. Having said that, it may be worthwhile to have a dealer go through and check everything prior to your warranty expiring.

If you haven't had an alignment done, I would have have an independent place check your alignment. If they indicate a problem (rear axles can't be adjusted), I would have the dealership address it under warranty.

If you have a local mechanic that you really like/trust, they could perform most things for you. Let them know your warranty will be done soon. If they suspect any issues, they can point you in the right direction (back to the dealer for warranty work).

I have a 2017 Mirage ES (manual) with approximately 22,000 miles. Thus, I have not been where you are. I am just suggesting what I would do if I bought a used Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm probably not going to have the 60.000 mile maintenance done until about 61 or 62 k, since a lot of things were just checked & some repaired by the used car dealer I just bought the Mirage from. So, consequently, the warranty stuff is irrelevant to me.

Since my local trusted mechanic probably has never worked on a Mitsubishi, I see no advantage of taking it to him, as he won't know beans about any special requirements for the engine or cvt (if he's ever even seen a cvt before), etc.

So my question remains, what do people taking their Mirages to their local Mitsubishi dealer generally have to pay for the 60,000 mile maintenance?

Forum members who have better Mitsubishi mechanics available, than one can find at a dealer, need not respond, since I don't have those resources. I do have a Mitsubishi dealer within 40 miles away, and I plan to take my Mirage to them for any maintenance that will likely involve much in the way of Mitsubishi-proprietary knowledge or parts.
    Last edited by DonkeyPal; 03-23-2019 at 08:50 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I dropped about $300 for a cvt fluid change, alignment/tire rotation, oil change, inspection at a dealership. I just got a used 2014 DE CVT w/45k miles on it a month ago. To me that constitutes the 60k miles maintenance check.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I dropped about $300 for a cvt fluid change, alignment/tire rotation, oil change, inspection at a dealership. I just got a used 2014 DE CVT w/45k miles on it a month ago. To me that constitutes the 60k miles maintenance check.
    I was thinking the CVT fluid change was due at 60K, too, but checking the schedule again just now, I see that it comes at 45K and then not again until 90K. I'm leaning toward assuming that the 45K CVT fluid change was done by the previous owner 15K ago. I might want to make sure that the dealer checks the fluid condition though.

The used car dealer I got the 2015 DE from did a brake inspection and a front brake job, so I can skip that, too.

He also replaced the front tires. Maybe, if they were worn funny ( I will have to ask ), I will need to get a front alignment done to be safe. I don't see any obvious uneven wear on the rear tires.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Religiously stay on top of changing that cvt fluid every 30k and oil (full synthetic) every 7500 miles and you a good shot of getting 150k plus out of that ride. Im no expert but alot of the folks on here are, like Fummins aka Capt. Fantastic, aka the Blue Wizard of Alberta and Cobrajet, he's full of sage wisdom too.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Religiously stay on top of changing that cvt fluid every 30k and oil (full synthetic) every 7500 miles and you a good shot of getting 150k plus out of that ride. Im no expert but alot of the folks on here are, like Fummins aka Capt. Fantastic, aka the Blue Wizard of Alberta and Cobrajet, he's full of sage wisdom too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The 2015 service manual I downloaded from Mitsubishi, shows the CVT fluid change every 45K miles, but every 30K for the manual trans., and that's on the Schedule 1 (for rough driving conditions). Schedule 1 recommends oil/filter changes at every 3750 miles. Schedule 2 (for more normal driving conditions) says 7500 for oil filter/changes. The manual specifies only 0W20 full synthetic oil, which is what I will use. I used full synthetic in my Scion XA with 5,000 mile oil/filter change intervals. From what I've read about synthetic oil 7500 sounds overly optimistic, so I have to think more about whether I would do that.

Schedule 1 or 2? We can't drive anywhere without driving on 2-4 miles of hilly gravel roads. We went with the rough condition maintenance maintenance on our Scion. On the other hand, neither of us has any regular commuting to do once we get to the highway now, so maybe we can go with the normal conditions schedule for most things.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyPal View Post
    The 2015 service manual I downloaded from Mitsubishi, shows the CVT fluid change every 45K miles, but every 30K for the manual trans., and that's on the Schedule 1 (for rough driving conditions). Schedule 1 recommends oil/filter changes at every 3750 miles. Schedule 2 (for more normal driving conditions) says 7500 for oil filter/changes. The manual specifies only 0W20 full synthetic oil, which is what I will use. I used full synthetic in my Scion XA with 5,000 mile oil/filter change intervals. From what I've read about synthetic oil 7500 sounds overly optimistic, so I have to think more about whether I would do that.

Schedule 1 or 2? We can't drive anywhere without driving on 2-4 miles of hilly gravel roads. We went with the rough condition maintenance maintenance on our Scion. On the other hand, neither of us has any regular commuting to do once we get to the highway now, so maybe we can go with the normal conditions schedule for most things.
    One of our forum members receives free oil changes every 5,000 miles, & the dealership is using conventional 5W-30 oil in his 2014 Mirage. So far he has had 48 free oil changes (243,000+ miles) with no engine issues (Cheap Plastic car).

I plan on sticking with synthetic oil, but I also like doing 5,000 mile oil changes. It's only 3 quarts of oil. Like you already mentioned, 5,000 miles is somewhere between schedules 1 & 2. In my mind, changing oil on a Mirage is simple.

Different countries seem to have different oil recommendations and change intervals for the same engine. Since Steve's cheap plastic car is doing just fine with conventional 5W-30 oil changed every 5,000 miles, we probably don't have to over think all this. Many forum members have different opinions on all this, but I think a change interval that falls between schedules 1 & 2 is not all bad.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Ever hear the phrase 'your mileage may vary'?

You can get a lot of miles out of a synthetic oil change. It's more than just miles though, it's also how fast the additive pack wears out. That's why there are two criteria to pay attention to - miles and time (usually 6 months.) Also, condition of the engine and how many contaminants wind up in the oil.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)