Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Will factory battery last > 4 years?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 2,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I did, but it was under the 'What Did You Do To Your Mirage Today' thread. Post #449.
    This one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I finally got around to replacing my battery today.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    Closing in on 5 years now, and the OEM factory battery is still running like a champ!
    Nearly 7 years now, still on the OEM battery.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    Nearly 7 years now, still on the OEM battery.
    That's really good for an OEM battery 55D23L (356CCA/99RC) that's only 356CCA to begin with. If you go by manufactured dated, my Mirage battery is 4+ years old. We had -4F when I started my Mirage this morning. It still started up perfectly fine. I did, however, use the engine block heater for about 1.5 hours today. Temperatures in Wisconsin have dropped recently!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That's really good for an OEM battery 55D23L (356CCA/99RC) that's only 356CCA to begin with. If you go by manufactured dated, my Mirage battery is 4+ years old. We had -4F when I started my Mirage this morning. It still started up perfectly fine. I did, however, use the engine block heater for about 1.5 hours today. Temperatures in Wisconsin have dropped recently!
    I still have the stick battery in my white 2014. Most of the work cars have factory batteries too.

I’ll trade you weather. This is in Fahrenheit Attachment 20553

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I still have the stick battery in my white 2014. Most of the work cars have factory batteries too.

I’ll trade you weather.
    Yeah, I don't think -4F is all that horrible. We get those -20F or below at times, but not as often as your area.

Overall, the factory battery don't seem that bad (considering the low CCA rating). A small 3-cylinder engine with 0W-20 engine oil isn't the hardest engine to turn over, & I am sure that helps, too!

I’ll trade you weather. This is in Fahrenheit Attachment 20553
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Yeah, I don't think -4F is all that horrible. We get those -20F or below at times, but not as often as your area.

Overall, the factory battery don't seem that bad (considering the low CCA rating). A small 3-cylinder engine with 0W-20 engine oil isn't the hardest engine to turn over, & I am sure that helps, too!
    Well, the white car didn't start today.....battery didn't have enough juice to turn it over. Time to sell it and buy beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, the white car didn't start today.....battery didn't have enough juice to turn it over. Time to sell it and buy beer.
    Shouldn't have said anything yesterday. 7 years is still pretty good for a factory battery.

I think we got your weather today. -25F this morning.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    I bought My car new 3 years ago (but it sat for 1 year on Dealership lot)

So just about 4 years and when I asked them to test battery at AutoZone they said it needs replacing and something about 78%

So I assume they are telling me that the battery has 22% degraded in its ablility to hold the charge? I was a bit skeptical since the car shows no symptoms of a battery on its dying legs.

I have a small amp that is 100 RMS as part of my upgraded sound system and dont know how much of a strain the aftermarket touch screen stereo and amp put on the battery.

When I put a multimeter on the battery (myself at home) it registered 12.5 and when I put it under load it goes as low as 9.8 (as the car cranks up)

I have never put water in the battery so Im going to do that tomorrow
    Batteries are complete luck of the drawl my friend. I've got a optima battery from 2013 that was a 700cca and now it only charges up to 500 but thats more than enough for most cars. So i've still be using it so we're on 8 years and going.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Batteries are complete luck of the drawl my friend. I've got a optima battery from 2013 that was a 700cca and now it only charges up to 500 but thats more than enough for most cars. So i've still be using it so we're on 8 years and going.
    Keep in mind, a new Mirage factory batteries only starts out with 356 CCA. I had an Interstate battery going on 10+ years when I sold my Festiva years ago. Some do last longer than others! 7+ years for factory battery in a cold Canadian climate is pretty good in my mind (referring to Fummins' Mirage)

Good thing you bought that parts car!

I have 4 roadworthy cars and 2 good batteries between them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)