Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: any idea why my 2015 mirage (only 53k miles) keeps dying on the road?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    the big two mechanic couldn't start it at that time,, that was the 2nd breakdown. the most recent breakdown was on a 6-lane road holding up traffic, i wasnt about to whip out my phone. they have test-driven it each time it was in there and have been unable to duplicate the cut-out.,, the only cutout that happened initially while i was driving was the most recent one,, and i did notice the rpms spike and then drop shortly before the cutout upon reaching the intersection (I'm a militant hypermiler so i'm always watching the rpms). kathy only said she felt something weird before it happens, but i'd be afraid of even asking her if she knows what rpms stands for.

to address a previous question i missed,, the tank was filled between the first and 2nd breakdown

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I still don't understand the current status of your vehicle...other than the fact it's currently at a dealership service department.

According to the video, the engine won't turn over and the service department is waiting for Mitsubishi to approve an engine tear-down, right?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Curious have you washed or degreased the engine at any point? I knew someone had a similar situation that required the PCM be replaced on a bow tie product.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I still don't understand the current status of your vehicle...other than the fact it's currently at a dealership service department.
    From what I understand, it is at an incompetent dealership.

If it were me, I would get on social media to report the problem. Basically get on Mitsubishi's Facebook page and share all of the problems you have described here. Insist that another dealership look at the issue as well.

Unfortunately, sometimes that is the best way to get things done. No matter what the issue is, you shouldn't have to figure it out yourself. That is what the warranty is for.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    the dealership replaced some relays and has been driving it around this morning,, they have unplugged the wifi port so i cannot see what they have been doing for the past 2 hours. the main page of the wifi app will show the current map location, fuel level, and CURRENT codes, and the voltage level of the battery,, the bell in the upper right will show 'events" (trips, disturbances, alerts) as in my earlier heavily pic-laden reply.

mitsu just called me from corporate and said they are getting the district manager involved in this, so i'm somewhat relieved that there will be a fire lit under someone's butt to figure this out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That's all great but see post #8. How long have you had that thing plugged into the obdII port? Shortly before you started having problems by chance???

There's a pretty good chance that's your problem. Some of those are ok, but every single plug in gps I have tried in a Mirage caused nothing but problems They worked perfect in every other make and model I tried but not the Mirage. They'd throw check engine lights, abs, kill throttle when pulling into traffic. The dealer couldn't figure it out or reproduce the same problem cause they unplug the stupid thing and plug in a scanner when they look at it. Hence removing the problem altogether. Some types work, some don't, this might be worth giving a try if you haven't already...
    This is perfect advice. I've learned to always ask my self, "What did I do to this vehicle last, before I started having this problem?" Many times, whatever the recent change was, actually ends up being the source of the problem.

I would have mentioned this earlier, but I assumed someone already said this. Between this and people putting tiny/large car batteries in their vehicles, its easy to get mixed up around here. I'm not that bright.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    i actually posted on bigtwo's facebook page "will someone answer the phone,, the mirage just broke down a 4th time in 3 weeks!" when i had the last breakdown,, i was trying to call them and the phone was just ringing and ringing.. i was promptly blocked from their FB page.

-we have had the wifi module since we switched to t-mobile last march..
    -we have never degreased the engine or had any underhood detailing done

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was at uhaul purchasing some boxes when I heard the employee on the phone with corporate discussing a customer who had a new suv (did not hear make or model) as soon as they installed hitch wiring it made the dashboard light up like a christmas tree I think reading this topic and hearing this experience at uhaul that soon everything attached to vehicles will be OEM or need the OEM seal of approval.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I've never heard of a wifi gps, sounds like it'd have pretty limited range, should get one with a sim card that works off cell towers instead?
    its not a gps,, it's a mobile hotspot to GIVE you wifi in the car. it has it's own line. the app just allows you to track the car as well

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    is these any help google is your friend

https://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

https://oards.com/causes-of-a-car-st...s-immediately/

If your vehicle stops running while you were driving, we call that a “Died in flight” situation. The main causes of a died in flight are a bad alternator and dead battery, a loss fuel, a loss spark, a loss fuel and spark, or a loss of compression. One common problem is a dead battery due to a bad alternator

Why does my car idle low then dies?
    When the actuator malfunctions, the engine gets no signal for idling speed and stops working. Clogged or restricted EGR Valve: If your EGR valve is clogged, dirty, or defective it can cause your car to stall, idle erratically, or sputter, depending on whether it is stuck open or closed.

does your car have stop/start

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-Recall-europe

Scotty Kilmer has spoken

Last edited by Adam - UK; 02-06-2019 at 01:34 AM.