Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: any idea why my 2015 mirage (only 53k miles) keeps dying on the road?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,329 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    On my previous car (Ford) I had all the lights come on, check engine light, the ABS and I freaked out thinking I had major problems but then doscovered that it was the Cheap $10 Chinese ODB2 bluetooth computer that I had been using with Android Torque
    Same! Just happened to me last week with an OBD-II bluetooth adapter in a 2005 Camry. ABS light started flashing on the first start-up!

The ScanGauge-II and -E are the only OBD devices I've used that haven't caused any problems on any car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage base ES 1.2 manual: 54.0 mpg (US) ... 23.0 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,182 Posts
    My OBDLink LX has not caused any such problems with Speck.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.8 mpg (US) ... 21.2 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Haiti
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 684 Posts
    Some devices work, some don't. The ones we had problems with worked perfectly fine and haven't given any trouble in 4 years in various gm's, ford, Hyundai and dodge's I've tried. I even tried them in all my junk I had with no problems, just had problems with the Mirage for some weird reason. The Mirage has a crazy sensitive electrical system. Doesn't help matters having such thin wiring throughout. As I discovered, even the slightest sign of corrosion in a connector will cause an assortment of weird problems.

Country
    Haiti
    Thanks
    So...Any luck on your car? Hope we(me) didn't raz you too much about that obd dongle gps wifi hotspot thingy.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,329 Posts
    Also interested in reading an update.

Any news, longhairmike?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage base ES 1.2 manual: 54.0 mpg (US) ... 23.0 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    So...Any luck on your car? Hope we(me) didn't raz you too much about that obd dongle gps wifi hotspot thingy.
    I seriously doubt he is going to be back. Not because of anything we said but simply because of, em...

Country
    Haiti
    Thanks
    Wish I could say the same about that other thread with the noisy pulley. I miss that guy already His phone/computer is probably in a million pieces by now lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That pisses me off. All the free advice and detective work yall put in and the dongle guy didnt even say thank you once! Unbelievable. After reading this I told my fiancee no dongle devices ever! Aux jack and a hug buddy vent phone holder is the only thing we use. Its funny, I read a reddit thread about the Mirage the other day and non owners were commenting that they wished their Lexus and Acuras had an Aux port.

Country
    Haiti
    Thanks
    Some work with these cars and some don't. We only tried them in 15's(iirc) and quickly pulled them all out once we realized they were causing all these problems. Might try them again once some 19's show up here.
    Truck
    POS Nissan
    Optima

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-17-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Same! Just happened to me last week with an OBD-II bluetooth adapter in a 2005 Camry. ABS light started flashing on the first start-up!

The ScanGauge-II and -E are the only OBD devices I've used that haven't caused any problems on any car.
    I drove a 2005 diesel smart fortwo before my Mirage and the Scangauge II I used on both my truck and the smartcar caused issues with the fortwo's abs and stability system. With the short wheelbase on slippery winter roads it was a concern...If I wanted to use the Scangauge that is.
    Not so much a defect in the Scangauge as much as with the little car's canbus system. Scangauge supplied a modified wire harness at no charge!
    I'd buy another Scangauge product again....

Last edited by strawboss; 05-17-2019 at 08:45 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to strawboss For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-17-2019)