Thread: 2020 or beyond Mirage Speculation!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2020 or beyond Mirage Speculation!

My first thought price and would 4 doors be an option?

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...hi-mirage.html

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DottandDolores View Post
    My first thought price and would 4 doors be an option?
    I don't think a 2 door is an option. The model shown is a 4-door, & the models offered in the UK seem like 4-doors.

This is a not a car that I would be interested in for a number of reasons. If something happened to my Mirage & I was buying something new to replace it, this is not a car that I would be interested in at any price.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Agreed. There's a reason why they don't sell Renaults here and I had enough experience with their products with the Eagle Premier to last a lifetime.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    I agree too! I would never in my life consider a Renault Clio as a Mirage replacement!
    For one its a Renault, and I know their qualities very well.
    For two, its much too big and too wide.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    If Mitsubishi absolutely has to engage in 'badge-engineering'..errr, I mean, 'platform sharing' in order to replace the current Mirage, why not just go with the current Nissan Micra?

Why bother trying to Federalize some piece of Renault garbage to sell in the States when they could just give the Micra new fenders, a new grille, a new hood and be done with it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (02-06-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    LeMirage?

Name:  lecar.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  74.5 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-06-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm down for a turbo-charged Mirage. I hope the next gen, or gen after, there is a turbocharged option.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    If Mitsubishi absolutely has to engage in 'badge-engineering'..errr, I mean, 'platform sharing' in order to replace the current Mirage, why not just go with the current Nissan Micra?
    The old (K13) platform Micra (the one we currently have in Canada) was federalized and could have been sold fairly easily in the States, but I bet the new one (K14) probably hasn't been.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Assuming that the Renault Clio is a piece of crap based on Renault's reputation in the US that dates back to the 70's and 80's is like assuming that a Hyundai Accent is a piece of crap based on a 1988 Hyundai Excel.

Fact is, it's a WAY better car than the current Mirage. Though, probably not as inexpensive. If the Clio is a piece of crap in your world... then the Mirage should be the same, if not more so.

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/r.../owner-reviews

Given that Renault has no market in the US, badge-engineering is the only way we'll ever see this car here. And at under 2200 pounds good handling, and with engine options up to 120 hp and 197 hp... sign me up!

And, apparently, this is very old news. Search "mitsubishi space star renault clio" and you'll find articles dating back to November 2017 talking about Mitsubishi merging with Renault and Nissan, and the plan to share this platform between the Clio and the Mirage.

Note that "platform sharing" doesn't necessarily mean the same car. Mitsu could give us a stripped down Clio with what they deem to be the best engine option for economy and just enough power to keep up on US roads. (they didn't give us the 1.0 in the Mirage... but, they didn't give us anything better than the 1.2, either)

At the end of the day, the typical Mirage buyer won't know or care that their car shares a platform with a Renault. The Mirage buyer is shopping price and fuel economy above all else. Reputation and reliability backed with WARRANTY second. The fact that it's an attractive car with a lot of nice modern features is a bonus. If they sell this car with the 10 year Mitsu warranty, it should be as successful as the current Mirage. Likely more so, because it's probably going to be a more enjoyable car to drive, and the reviews won't be as bad.

Simplify and add lightness.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-06-2019),Subcompact Culture (02-22-2019),timw4mail (02-08-2019)