Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Re-joining the 3-cylinder club

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    I think he's referring to the trim in the speedo. The USA Mirage has 3 different styles.

My '17 SE has the bottom while it looks like yours has the top. I'm not quite sure how the differences are delegated.
    No, his is unlike all three. He has a grey bezel and no tiny white lines which are for each mile per hour.
    His also doesnt have the REDline

Yeah, mine is the bottom one. Has chrome but also the small tiny white lines designating each mile per hour.

Small differences but I noticed it right away.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (02-10-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    No, his is unlike all three. He has a grey bezel and no tiny white lines which are for each mile per hour.
    His also doesnt have the REDline

Yeah, mine is the bottom one. Has chrome but also the small tiny white lines designating each mile per hour.

Small differences but I noticed it right away.
    I edited it 15 minutes ago but put the img tag in wrong, lol. It should be the 2nd one now. Subtle, like you said, but def different.
    (blank signature)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Pryme (02-10-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I edited it 15 minutes ago but put the img tag in wrong, lol. It should be the 2nd one now. Subtle, like you said, but def different.
    There are 4 Mirage trim levels (ES, LE, SE, & GT) this year. Do they all have a slightly different look? How do they compare to the two G4 trim levels?

Do they function any differently, or is it just cosmetic differences?

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome aboard!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    Welcome aboard!
    Thanks, JM! I remember when you first got yours, I thought, "hey, that's a pretty good color!"

OK, pictures!

One thing I will miss about buying some Craigslist piece-'o-crap is that, the car might suck when I buy it, but I can make it better. It won't ever be perfect, but it can always improve. One day, people might look at it and think, "wow, that's a pretty nice car!" And it will be because I made it that way. There might be a scrape here, a dent there, but I can say, "that was the last owner, not me. That last owner, that dummy, he didn't take care of his stuff."

This car will never be in better shape than it is today. It's all downhill from here, and I have no one else to blame for anything that might happen to it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scratchpaddy For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (02-11-2019),Daox (02-11-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lol, very true... but you've already kept it nicer longer than i did...
    My "new car" lasted 5 hours and I got to drive it 5 miles and park it... then some one hit and ran the back bumper...
    Certainly made me feel sick..
    Any way.. love the blue.. I knida had to take what was on the lot so red it was but wanted the blue.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I love that blue.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I love that blue.
    I think the blue is sharp, too! I ruled out blue, because my motorcycle & other vehicle were blue at the time of purchase. Thus, I felt I needed a change, but the blue does look good!

Glad you got the color you wanted!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Make sure to wax it with Nu-Finish every 6 months to maintain that beautiful paint. Clay bar and wax it yourself to make sure the procedure is done properly. Plenty of YouTubes to guide you on the proper way

Congrats, it looks amazing. Some new rims would make a tremendous difference if you want to spend the extra money. And some window tints.

When I look at the picture of your blue car I think the stock plastic hubcaps really "bring down" the overall aesthetics. Its like a guy in a tuxedo with sneakers on his feet. Thats how it feels when I look at the pictures you posted.
    Last edited by fc321; 02-12-2019 at 01:05 AM.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Aron View Post
    Lol, very true... but you've already kept it nicer longer than i did...
    My "new car" lasted 5 hours and I got to drive it 5 miles and park it... then some one hit and ran the back bumper...
    Certainly made me feel sick..
    Any way.. love the blue.. I knida had to take what was on the lot so red it was but wanted the blue.
    Man, that must have sucked! It does make me a little nervous to drive a new car, even a cheap one. I know it lost a ton of value the moment I drove off the lot. I have good insurance, but no gap insurance, since I paid up front and it wasn't required.

I don't mind red, but I've had several red cars and only one blue, and I like the particular shade Mitsubishi chose. Orange would have been cool, too, but there were none available in the entire state at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Make sure to wax it with Nu-Finish every 6 months to maintain that beautiful paint. Clay bar and wax it yourself to make sure the procedure is done properly. Plenty of YouTubes to guide you on the proper way

Congrats, it looks amazing. Some new rims would make a tremendous difference if you want to spend the extra money. And some window tints.

When I look at the picture of your blue car I think the stock plastic hubcaps really "bring down" the overall aesthetics. Its like a guy in a tuxedo with sneakers on his feet. Thats how it feels when I look at the pictures you posted.
    Yeah, the stock hubcaps are cheap-looking, even compared to other hubcaps. I'll stick with the steel wheels, but dress them up better at some point. I like your analogy, but tuxedo is a bit of a stretch for a Mirage...

The windows were already tinted by the dealer when I went to look at the car, and they charged me through the nose for it. They're fairly dark, though it's hard to tell in the pictures because the car is back-lit. I'm not a fan of super-dark windows. If I had taken the car to a shop on my own to do it, I would have done the windows about the same... just for a lot cheaper.

I worked at a body shop part-time through college, and I take great pleasure now in detailing cars, inside and out. I always wax my car at least three times a year, and clay bar every two years or so.