Thread: Just picked up our 2018 Mirage!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Just picked up our 2018 Mirage!

Hello Forum members!

We just picked up our first Mirage this weekend.

Took possession with about 50 miles on the clock.

Pearl White.

Fun car so far! Even handled a snow storm on the way home just as well as the other cars on the road.

My background is in custom cars and concepts, and I am saddened to not see a strong aftermarket demand for these cars, but I suppose that's where my background can be of benefit to others on here once I crack into the quirks on this car.

First mods on the docket this week:

Tint
    Weathertechs
    Ceramic Coating
    K & N filter

Cant wait to see what this car brings us! We went from a gas guzzler to the Mirage, (believe it or not the MPG sold us on it, the low MSRP was an added bonus!)Name:  20190208_165748.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  95.8 KB

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erik1109 For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (02-12-2019),Daox (02-11-2019),dspace9 (02-11-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik1109 View Post
    Cant wait to see what this car brings us! We went from a gas guzzler to the Mirage, (believe it or not the MPG sold us on it, the low MSRP was an added bonus!)
    Nice wheels, I think you will enjoy your Mirage for sure. I've had mine for almost 5 years, and always had great MPG. Better summer time than winter of course here in Ontario.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Same color as mine. Great car for the 3 yrs and 40k I've driven. The tint and mats were something I did right away. I recommend a Daox rear sway bar too, makes a huge handling difference.
    Last edited by Alex1a1f; 02-11-2019 at 01:02 AM.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hello Erik1109 and welcome to the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Hello Forum members!

Cant wait to see what this car brings us! We went from a gas guzzler to the Mirage, (believe it or not the MPG sold us on it, the low MSRP was an added bonus!
    Good mpg rating & affordable are two good reasons to buy a Mirage for sure! The Mirage also seems pretty reliable with an excellent warranty to back that up, too!

When I first test drove a Mirage (manual), it really didn't "wow" me at the time. Yet, I knew it was going to do what I wanted it to do. I can honestly say the car has grown on me over time. There are some really nice things about it, & you are reminded of that every time you fill up at the gas pump!

Enjoy your new Mirage & welcome!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site! It would be great to see if you can come up with some cool aftermarket stuff!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    To exaggerate for effect, I'm finding even with factory tires, it's like comparing driving in snow with fat drag racing slicks versus ice skates. I've had mine for 2 weeks and driven in a lot of snow and I'm STILL hypermiling. Great mileage with passengers and heavy snowboarding gear. A few aerodynamics mods, a few suspension mods and I will be in love with this car this summer!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magenta View Post
    A few aerodynamics mods, a few suspension mods and I will be in love with this car this summer!
    I was a bit skeptical of adding a rear sway bar to my 2017 Mirage ES. I didn't think it would do that much. I was WRONG! After installing the rear sway bar (4 bolts & a metal bar), I noticed a difference before I even got out of my rural driveway. I thought "WOW" this is a different car.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-15-2019)

Welcome to the forum!

My background is in custom cars and concepts, and I am saddened to not see a strong aftermarket demand for these cars, but I suppose that's where my background can be of benefit to others on here once I crack into the quirks on this car.
    Oooh, excellent. Can you spill the beans on what you might be thinking about?

Also: how's your rear alignment? In case you didn't read the thread here before you bought the car, have a look-see:

Thread: Rear Alignment Problem FAQ

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)