Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Water pump/idler pulley issues

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dang I was going to offer to come over and buy the thing off of him, he's not very far away. But it looks like he's done disappeared.

That went well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-15-2019),Scratchpaddy (02-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It did even though i asked for my account to be deleted not just the name changed.....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gone2 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You dont have to go so far as delete the account or delete the thread. What is there to delete? If you have changed your mind than say so.

I think the part you forgot is that every response so far we have given is an effort to fix your problem. And we offered the advice free of charge. But you somehow think everyone is against you or trolling you. This is not a trolling sort of forum.

We are here to learn and to help people. But you are so emotionally offended by some of our posts yet there was no malice in the intentions. Do you want the truth or do you want to be coddled?

This is actually a very polite and nice forum. I belong to other forums which contain very aggressive and rude people. Very insulting and condescending comments over there. Not over here.

Good luck to you and dont make an emotional decision. Make a smart decision and operate off of the mathematical facts. DOnt throw your money down the drain. Because you never know whats coming next week. There is no "disposable income" because throwing money away is a stupid thing to do.

Because anyone with "disposable income" should be investing that income, not disposing if it.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Note to mods: Dont allow any new users named "gone" because they are probably rolling stones.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I apologize to you Gone2,

You sent me a PM and advised me that you have a certain mental affliction and understanding that now I jumped to conclusions earlier and thought you where acting sarcastically.

So I apologize if my comment was offensive but I just got the "wrong idea" and I thought you where acting like a troll. That being said if you would come back and let us know more about your car we will do everything we can to be helpful.

But certainly the local mechanics are trying to over-charge you, but also to sell or donate the car would be a rash decision so I recommend you to avoid the extremes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-18-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Wow! I had no idea this thread had become this confrontational. Just as an aside, often it is not necessary to replace the entire AC compressor when a pulley bearing or engagement clutch problem is the issue. You can just remove the clutch and use a puller to remove the pulley and bearing. I haven't done it on a Mirage, but have done it on other cars.

Way cheaper and easier than replacing the entire compressor, and it does not require the AC to be evacuated and recharged.

It sounds like the OP was just kinda done with Mirages and ready to move on. They would have fixed it if it only required a squirt of WD-40 somewhere, but otherwise they were looking for a change. Nothing wrong with that, though I personally can't imagine donating a late model car to charity because of a SQUEAK!

Last edited by Cobrajet; 02-18-2019 at 06:44 PM.