Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Water pump/idler pulley issues

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Aaaaa

Last edited by gone2; 02-15-2019 at 06:37 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gone2 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-15-2019)

I'm not sure where that's coming from? That's almost hurtful. What's wrong with a Camaro, I just sold my fbody last fall. I was pretty sad Strangely enough I only got $4k for it
    For some stupid reason I'm stuck driving a $30k Kia, well.... more like $15k with depreciation and driver abuse for the last 3 years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gone2 View Post
    Because eventually a part will fail its inevitable cars lose value because they are constantly running and driving. If im going to fix it i want the longest amount of life out of a part. If i get a used one, was the car idling most of those 30k miles does it have 4000 hours on the compressor theres really no way to know. As far as the parts that are in the car yes they are used, they are no longer new once the oils in. But i wouldnt put a used engine or transmission in a car because you dont know its life before you gor it
    In this life there are no guarantees. Not really. And often-times buying a new aftermarket part is of poorer quality than the original part. I have utilized used parts many times, from a mathematical standpoint I have come out ahead overall. WAY AHEAD. Grab a calculator and do the math for yourself. Most mechanics will buy the cheapest China part anyway when doing the repair for you and charge you an arm and a leg for it.

In this case you are better off with the used genuine Mitsubishi part taken off of a crashed car. Your belief system of "used parts are bad" is not logical. From a statistical, probability, financial standpoint the used parts win.

Hey buddy, I am on your side. Just giving you some friendly advice. But have the courage to re-examine some belief systems that are not accurate. The mark of the superior man is the ability to dispense with old belief systems that dont hold up to the light of scrutiny. We all have them.

Life changes, we cannot become married to old belief systems. We must adapt everyday and recognize that with new information we can change our prior beliefs
    Last edited by fc321; 02-15-2019 at 05:56 PM.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Aaaaa
    Last edited by gone2; 02-15-2019 at 06:38 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gone2 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-15-2019)

Attachment 13969 while were talking about Camaro’s, my firebird was awesome on fuel if you weren’t an asshat like me. Two overdrives helped keep the ripem’s low.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-15-2019)

These Mirage's are fairly reliable, I assume you know nothing about about me. I don't own one, I maintain almost 40 of them, one has way more miles than yours (400k kms/248k miles) does and I've only had to replace the cvt, battery,converter and otherwise not much has gone wrong with it.
    I was breaking your balls, don't need to get too mad. I'm a dink sometimes. Sorry bout that. What I should have said was, I wouldn't spend that much money to fix your car either, but you should be able to fix it for cheap (more so if you do it yourself) and it should last a long time as long as you don't run into stuff. Sounds like maybe there's a pattern forming?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Aaaaa

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gone2 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gone2 View Post
    Because yall are acting just like every car forum ever im sorry i made this post in the first place if i could fully delete it i would. I know full well how to do the repairs to the car myself, y'all will call it lazy i call it if the person im paying screws it up its their dault. I already made the attempt to figure out the problem. Ive dealt with used and rebuilt parts before every single one is a piece of junk. The reason this compressor failed isnt because of it wearing out but because of the system being out of freeon because of a tarp flying around in the dark at night. Getting a compressor thats used and has had ethier stop leak run thru it, or air exposed to it after its been in a charged system is a horrible idea. You dont know why its no longer on the old car. Was the system exposed to air and you run the risk of failure. Was the car totaled but the compressor survived and the lines were punctured. Theres so many problems with buying a used compressor. As well as an alternator and a starter. Think of it this way youd never buy used brakes or used tires when they are 45$ a piece. The thing is what a car sells for doesnt even matter its if you have reliable transportation.

If the a/c fails in this car there might be a bypass pulley, but otherwise there ya are sitting on thw side of the road waiting on a tow truck. Id rather have the piece of mind on a new part than buy a used one that can randomly go out at any point because it had xx,xxx miles on it. Was it cycled with the auto system, was it not theres so many varaibles on used parts that youll never know. Just like the Subaru justy these are cars that were made to be tossed at the end of the life cycle. I over payed on my first one 16,000 in 2014 it got totaled i got 8k and gap paid 6400. I bought this one used with 54k miles for 5900 that means in three years the car took a 10,000 dollar hit. But the number dont really matter when you use your car for work its all about does it run and drive or not.
    I told you before. THere are no guarantees in this life. You speak as if a new part is never going to fail. But they do. All the time. And the new part may be guaranteed by the manufacturer (free replacement) but the manufacturer will not pay the labor. So this is a simple mathematical calculation. But if you do not comprehend that then God be with you and flush your money down the toilet.

My experience of you is that you are an emotional "hot-head" with a low frustration tolerance. You are operating from "emotional reasoning" and ignoring the financial facts (the TRUTH).
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Aaaaa

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gone2 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-15-2019)

Hey, before you run away. How'd you change your name? I sold my fummins years ago and I'm too stupid to figure it out.