Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Mirage is EASY to work on!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, I know I made the comparison. And discussion about how hard or easy it is to work on a Fit vs. a Mirage would be appropriate to the topic. Most of the other talk about how much HP one has vs the other and all that... meh.

Whatever. I blew that off.

But, a random question about tires? It's just not that hard to start a new topic. (nor is it hard for a moderator to split a topic and quietly delete my snarky comment)

Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Thank you bro! Def Federals, were on a budget. Lol

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Sorry Im learning thread etiquette.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    No worries, you're fine. In the grand scheme, there's worse offenses to be guilty of.

That being said, there are some great threads around here discussing tires on detail that will flip your lid. Have a look around. I'd help more if I weren't browsing on my phone.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Eggman's fault, he derails everything!l
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-07-2019 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Just kidding!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    This isn't the first time thread topics have gone all over the place. I am definitely guilty about this. I tend to look up the latest posts, & see what's being discussed. Someone brought up the Fit, & I talk about the Honda Fit. Someone brings up tires, & I talk about tires. I don't really care what the original topic is. I just look at what's been discussed recently. If I have an desire to make a point, I do.

Many of us are terrible about changing topics within a post, however. Thus, I feel you are in good company. You surely shouldn't feel bad about anything.

When I saw your tire question, I knew you were somewhat new to this forum. I could have referred you to numerous lengthy tire discussions, but I just find it easier to give my opinion sometimes.

By the way - the Mirage is very easy to work on. I never lost sight of that!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    We've used the dunlop wintermaxx in the stock size, they seem to wear pretty fast compared to the sailun iceblazer's we also run in the 185-60 14 size. Had a few drivers comment how they prefered the sailuns(1/2 worn) over the dunlops(with 80% tread remaining). Once the stock tires wear out we only run 185-60-14's on the stock wheels, never had a problem cause the wheel is too narrow. I wouldn't go any wider though. You can't guess what a tire's height will be just from the "size". The specs the mfg has to meet are pretty slack. You can have 2 new tires, same size, different mfg and the actual real life dimensions will often be off an inch.
    You have more winter tire options in Canada for sure. Dunlop Winter Maxx & Nokian Nordman 7 are the main offerings in my area.

I feel a little naughty discussing this in the wrong thread, however!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The cool thing about forums is that you CAN keep information organized and make it easy to search and find answers in the future. If you insert a random question and the associated good answer in the middle of some unrelated topic, nobody will every find that answer in the future.

If you pull the question out into its own topic, then the discussion and answers can easily be found.

Yes, I spent too many years as a database administrator and programmer. "Garbage in, garbage out", as they say.

The problem these days is that everyone is used to modern social media that is generally an endless stream of freeform information. Impossible to search. Completely useless for anything other than a "stream of consciousness" discussion. Which is fine. But, a good "technical forum" doesn't have to be that. And shouldn't be that.

So many people come to forums like this looking for answers. We should try to make the answers easier to find.

</rant>
    Simplify and add lightness.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-08-2019),El Kapitan (03-24-2019),Fummins (03-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Well put, Loren. I appreciate your explanation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)