Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Looking hard at a new 2018 ES. Questions inside.(UPDATE: bought one!)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Looks like you bought the CVT after all.
    Can you see that on that picture? How?
    I'm pretty sure MetroMPG noticed that Mrfixit got a CVT Mirage from the Garage entry: Sparky

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-28-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrfixit View Post
    I'm hoping to reuse the all weather rubber floormats from my Echo in the new ride, but I'm not sure they will fit.

!
    If you want ""All Weather"" floor mats for your Mirage, just bite the bullet & get the "Weathertech" ones. I got the OEM All Weather Mitsubshi ones when I bought my car & I bought the Weathertech ones after. If you want the OEM ones from Mitsubishi, I have the 2 front all weather ones available to give you for FREE if you pay for shipping

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Toyota needs to bring back the Echo. Make it complete bare bones, 5 speed or CVT, no bells or whistles besides AUX and AC. Sell it for 9 grand. Keep the sedan style. Let the "Mazda" Yaris stay their hatch.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just stopping in to say that my 1st 1000 miles are up. Still love the car! In fact, I like it more now than when I got it. I undercoated the heck out of it and added the fog lights and it's a lot quieter at highway speeds.
    It's got pleanty of power, and the radio is really a nice touch. Miles and miles better than my old Toyota Echo. Can't believe that they trash this car!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrfixit For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-11-2019),MetroMPG (06-11-2019)

Thanks for the update. Glad you're enjoying it so much! Getting used to the CVT (is this your first CVT?)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrfixit View Post
    Just stopping in to say that my 1st 1000 miles are up. Still love the car! In fact, I like it more now than when I got it. I undercoated the heck out of it and added the fog lights and it's a lot quieter at highway speeds.
    It's got pleanty of power, and the radio is really a nice touch. Miles and miles better than my old Toyota Echo. Can't believe that they trash this car!
    Good to hear! It's a car that grows on you! I feel that way at least! Initial impressions don't "wow" anyone, but it has a charm of its own. That charm is quite noticeable at the gas pump (especially when you are next to someone filling a pickup truck or large SUV)!

Even though I never owned a Toyota Echo, these two cars remind me of each other. Car critics are harsh to both, but owners adored these simple cars. If you like affordable, reliable, & economical vehicles, the Mirage/Echo are hard to beat! Some of the better car critics (especially the European ones) get it!

The 2000-05 Echo was a 108 hp vehicle. Considering the Mirage has 30 less hp, it's does quite well! I really like the power train of the Mirage!
    Last edited by Mark; 06-12-2019 at 03:04 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Toyota needs to bring back the Echo. Make it complete bare bones, 5 speed or CVT, no bells or whistles besides AUX and AC. Sell it for 9 grand. Keep the sedan style. Let the "Mazda" Yaris stay their hatch.
    The problem is that the Yaris "Mazda" sedan has been in existence for a couple years now. I don't see Toyota making something that would compete with it. Not while other companies are dropping their car models.

A 5-speed bare bones Toyota Echo would be cheap. It would probably run forever with very little maintenance. Sadly, that's not what car companies are after any more. I think there was time a when Toyota & Honda were striving to make the very best vehicles . I think some of that drive has been lost. It's more about making money, & that wouldn't include a bare bones Toyota Echo or Tercel.

Personally, I think a company like Mitsubishi should go after the markets that are overlooked by others. I honestly believe there is a market for basic, affordable, dependable transportation. Many of today's car critics are snobs. Ignore them! In a way, Mirage owners like ourselves are already doing that!

Building something that is different than everything else out there is going to get people into Mitsubishi showrooms! The Eclipse Cross is a prime example of this. It's really nothing special & sales figures reflect that! I am not saying it's a bad vehicle. It's a nice one. It just isn't anything special, & I personally like their other two SUV offerings better!

The bar is not really set that high. Mitsubishi seems to lack leadership, & it may have sold its soul with the merger. I hope that is not the case, however.