Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Looking hard at a new 2018 ES. Questions inside.(UPDATE: bought one!)

I've never seen an armrest in person yet, most of the ones I've seen on other vehicles usually have a zipper or something at the back tucked inside. Just unzip it and there's a bolt. If you do take it off you'll be left with a hole in the side of the seat.

Or if that doesn't work break out the Sawzall and cover the hole with duct tape.

Last edited by Fummins; 02-21-2019 at 02:12 PM. Reason: because duct tape

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, buy the SE and I'll trade you my ES seat haha.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I've never seen an armrest in person yet, most of the ones I've seen on other vehicles usually have a zipper or something at the back tucked inside. Just unzip it and there's a bolt. If you do take it off you'll be left with a hole in the side of the seat.

Or if that doesn't work break out the Sawzall and cover the hole with duct tape.
    There's a zipper, and what seems to be a plastic washer/cover...but I haven't looked too closely. Plus, its been cold.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post

I borrowed buddy's Kawasaki brand Sawzall, black and neon green trim, for needed Lawn Maintenance my yard is big even for small town standards, but users beware watch out with sawzall tools.. its not the saw blade always that hurts you, but it's the virbration

gave me a 2 inche toonie coin sized blisters on both hands.. but the left hand was worse me being a lefty. Hands healed up, but you can still see the scars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh Lord don't cut the armrest off with a saw hahaha
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (02-23-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    If you're going to the auto wreckers (how the wreckers were) you need firstly a wrecking bar of some sort, screwdriver to pry without breaking plastic for trim and plastic interior parts, also a variety pack of sockets and some oil to grease metal apart for under the car and parts under the hood.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I borrowed buddy's Kawasaki brand Sawzall, black and neon green trim, for needed Lawn Maintenance my yard is big even for small town standards, but users beware watch out with sawzall tools.. its not the saw blade always that hurts you, but it's the virbration

gave me a 2 inche toonie coin sized blisters on both hands.. but the left hand was worse me being a lefty. Hands healed up, but you can still see the scars.
    Never seen one of those. Maybe just stick to a Milwaukee, the best and original.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (02-23-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Maybe just stick to a Milwaukee, the best and original.
    For sure, I didn't even know Milwaukee made the original. I have a black and decker of my own now, which is like a De Walt I believe, doesn't vibrate nearly as much.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timw4mail View Post
    There's a zipper, and what seems to be a plastic washer/cover...but I haven't looked too closely. Plus, its been cold.
    I did free the original armrest. There's a plastic cover over a ~10mm (head, not length) bolt. After freeing the bolt there's a hinge plate left over, but that's going to be covered by the console so I didn't care.

I had a nice triangular bit of skin sliced by the cheap plastic of the console on my thumb...could be worse.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post

Maybe use a grinder then? Might burn the car down but you won't get blisters.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)