Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: CVT Owners, Assemble!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
    109 000km (bought it on 58000km), change 1L CVT fluid every 5000km (then change engine oil), every 40 000km change 4.5L CVT Fluid and paper filter, cleaning magnits. I use Kixx CVTF fluid (4.3$ for 1L).

No problems for now.
    2013 Mirage from Japan 3A90.

Here you can see on last foto? how looks old fluid and new fluid then I change it on 100 000km
    Wow, your preventative maintenance schedule is on point! You'll probably get 400k km out of your CVT7.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Wow, your preventative maintenance schedule is on point! You'll probably get 400k km out of your CVT7.
    Only if it does not decay or fall apart earlier from our roads

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage M 1.0 automatic: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprinter For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-05-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Only if it does not decay or fall apart earlier from our roads
    "In Mother Russia, you dont drive on road, the road drive on you!" - Ivan the Terrible

Country
    Russian Federation
    Thanks
    "In Mother Russia, you dont drive on road, the road drive on you!" - Ivan the Terrible
    That's for sure! However, Mirages were very strong in our conditions. Cheap to use and not whimsical.
    We have known cases when a car drove 90,000 km in a taxi without changing the engine oil. Or when in 1 year the Mirage drove 134,000 km without breakdowns (well, we don’t consider replacing one bearing). And these cars are still running.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage M 1.0 automatic: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    That's for sure! However, Mirages were very strong in our conditions. Cheap to use and not whimsical.
    We have known cases when a car drove 90,000 km in a taxi without changing the engine oil. Or when in 1 year the Mirage drove 134,000 km without breakdowns (well, we don’t consider replacing one bearing). And these cars are still running.
    Really? Your not talking about the old 90s-2000s Mirages but our Mirages? I'm shocked more people don't own big trucks and SUVs in Russia on account of your winter weather?

Country
    Russian Federation
    Thanks
    Really? Your not talking about the old 90s-2000s Mirages but our Mirages? I'm shocked more people don't own big trucks and SUVs in Russia on account of your winter weather?
    Yes, I'm serious. This is the 6th generation Mirages.
    2012-2013 most often. Brought from Japan.
    There are Mirages that run in Yakutsk, and there in the winter -40 to -50С is normal. There are Mirages that run around Siberia, -35 and there are no problems.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Thanks
    Big cars eat a lot of fuel and are expensive. Expensive to maintain. Not rich (or practical) people take something less gluttonous, more agile and practical in operation. Well, fuel is getting more expensive every day.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Big cars eat a lot of fuel and are expensive. Expensive to maintain. Not rich (or practical) people take something less gluttonous, more agile and practical in operation. Well, fuel is getting more expensive every day.
    Which is crazy considering Russia is mega-rich in natural resources. Doesn't Russia supply half the world's natural gas? Just wait until the Artic shipping lanes open up even more, there's alot of oil up there that Russia, Canada, and America can make a claim to.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Thanks
    Which is crazy considering Russia is mega-rich in natural resources. Doesn't Russia supply half the world's natural gas? Just wait until the Artic shipping lanes open up even more, there's alot of oil up there that Russia, Canada, and America can make a claim to.
    It is rich in natural resources, but not for its population, but for its government and their friends. Ordinary people receive expensive fuel and a bunch of taxes in addition.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprinter For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-05-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    It is rich in natural resources, but not for its population, but for its government and their friends. Ordinary people receive expensive fuel and a bunch of taxes in addition.
    Your brave my friend. You better hope the Федеральная служба безопасности Российской Федерации doesnt read that. haha