Thread: A funny old picture I took. One of the largest cars next to one of the smallest

Country
    United States
    Thanks

A funny old picture I took. One of the largest cars next to one of the smallest

So I have had some large cars, but my 95 Fleetwood was the largest, and at 225" long was one of the largest sedans ever made.
    Here it is next to a Smart car. This is circa 2008.
    Keep in mind my car is pulled way up over the front curb in this pic, and its further away from the camera, the pic doesnt do it justice haha.

The lady who owned the smart saw me taking the pic as she came out of the store and said wow that is a huge car you have and I said "No, it's just your smart car is so tiny" we both laughed.Name:  20190220_203216.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  66.3 KB

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Daox (02-21-2019),Fummins (02-21-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Funny pic!

My oldest daughter took a high school class trip to Germany years ago. When she came back, she started talking about short cars. She said, "Dad these cars are so short, people don't have to parallel park them. They just back them up to the curb, & they don't stick out any more than cars parked the other way." At the time, I had no clue what she was talking about. A year or two later, the Smart car was introduced to the United States.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Those old Fleetwoods are cool. I'd love to have one!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah I think that was when the smarts just came out?

The Fleetwood was the last of the true cadillacs though some call the 70 Fleetwood and Sedan devilles the last but that's very debatable.
    The 96 Fleetwood was the last RWD full frame V8 cadillac.
    It had the LT1 "corvette" engine 265hp and 335tq. And the car was not thattt heavy compared to smaller cars now days that weigh the same. It was like 4,100lbs I think. It moved!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    My oldest brother used to drive us to school in the mid 1970's in a 1967 Cadillac 4-door...it was just under 19 feet long. Normal by mid-70's standards.

Name:  caddy.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  67.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    My oldest brother used to drive us to school in the mid 1970's in a 1967 Cadillac 4-door...it was just under 19 feet long. Normal by mid-70's standards.

Name:  caddy.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  67.1 KB
    Those are awesome. The old ones got really bad mileage but gasoline was dirt cheap. At least my Fleetwood would get 24ish fwy pretty easy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Now that's a American car! Body on frame, V8, trunk big enough to sleep in, assembled in Texas. I've always had a soft spot for big American cars. I dreamed of owning a Buick Roadmaster Estate wagon for a time, but they were just getting too old by the time I got into cars. I've poked around a few of them in junkyards. They're like whales on wheels.