Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Front seat (how to adjust height?)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yes it’s misleading the consumer. The attorney is going to look into and I’ll keep you guys updated.

I went by and pick up the all weather matt for the trunk

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyMan View Post
    Yes itÂ’s misleading the consumer. The attorney is going to look into and IÂ’ll keep you guys updated.
    Before you spend a lot more money on an attorney, I did some more checking for you.

First of all, I went on line and looked at numerous G4 ES models on cars.com. Several different dealers have pics showing the front driver's seat. None of the G4 ES cars that I looked at had the 6-way adjustable seats. Thus, your dealer is being truthful about that.

Secondly, I downloaded a pdf copy the the Mirage/G4 sales brochure. The brochure clearly states a G4 ES has 4-way adjustable driver's and passenger's seats. Only the G4 SE has 6-way seats that are also heated.

Thus, anyone claiming to have a G4 ES with a 6-way seat would be the odd one according to the sale brochure.

Sadly, anything that I read about the upcoming 2019 models stated 6-way adjustable driver's seats and cruise control was going to be standard for all trim levels. I've already shared some of those claims. Likewise, Mitsubishi's website states a 6-way driver's seat is standard for all trim levels. That is not the case for the G4, however. The website is WRONG about your car!

The actual sales brochure, however, states things as they seem to be. I still find it odd that the window stickers of 2019 G4 ES models make no mention of the driver's seat? Why not just list 4-way driver & passenger seats?

Thus, I feel your dealership is being truthful. According to the sales brochure, your car is equipped as stated. I don't see this as a grammar error. This item is listed incorrectly on the Mitsubishi website.

I still don't blame you for being a little miffed, but everyone's G4 ES trim level vehicle is probably the same. Anyone stating otherwise, must have the SE trim level.

I didn't look at a ton of cars on line, but I looked at enough of them. None of the 2019 G4 ES models had the knob.
    Last edited by Mark; 03-01-2019 at 05:22 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You probably don't want to hear this, but every 2019 Mirage ES that I have looked at on cars.com has the knob.

According to the pics that I just checked, a base level Mirage ES has the knob, & the base level G4 ES does not. I couldn't find a 2019 Mirage without the knob. Sadly, the same cannot be said for the G4. I couldn't find a G4 ES with the knob.

You should go sit in a new G4 SE with the knob. It may mean nothing to you? That's how I felt when I compared the two in 2017.

I hope this information is helpful to you. I just went shopping on line and looked at pics of 2019 cars.

By the way - the Mirage brochure supports all this. All 4 trim levels of the Mirage have 6-way adjustable driver's seat. The only model that doesn't is your car (G4 ES). I still find that odd, but Mitsubishi is not treating the Mirage & G4 the same on this feature. Go ahead & check the brochure for yourself -

https://mcarsstatic.cachefly.net/pdf...20brochure.pdf

I apologize for stirring this topic up for you, too. I just checked the website when you brought this up & it was stated as standard equipment for your car. I never thought Mitsubishi would treat the Mirage & G4 differently on something like this.

I am very sorry about all this, but I hope that I am offering some clarification for everyone now.
    Last edited by Mark; 03-01-2019 at 05:46 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-01-2019),Scratchpaddy (03-02-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You probably don't want to hear this, but every 2019 Mirage ES that I have looked at on cars.com has the knob.

According to the pics that I just checked, a base level Mirage ES has the knob, & the base level G4 ES does not. I couldn't find a 2019 Mirage without the knob. Sadly, the same cannot be said for the G4. I couldn't find a G4 ES with the knob.

You should go sit in a new G4 SE with the knob. It may mean nothing to you? That's how I felt when I compared the two in 2017.

I hope this information is helpful to you. I just went shopping on line and looked at pics of 2019 cars.

By the way - the Mirage brochure supports all this. All 4 trim levels of the Mirage have 6-way adjustable driver's seat. The only model that doesn't is your car (G4 ES). I still find that odd, but Mitsubishi is not treating the Mirage & G4 the same on this feature. Go ahead & check the brochure for yourself -

https://mcarsstatic.cachefly.net/pdf...20brochure.pdf

I apologize for stirring this topic up for you, too. I just checked the website when you brought this up & it was stated as standard equipment for your car. I never thought Mitsubishi would treat the Mirage & G4 differently on something like this.

I am very sorry about all this, but I hope that I am offering some clarification for everyone now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_20190301_171129304.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  94.6 KB

Hard copy from the 2019 Mirage Brochure I picked up today amongst all my anger and rantings hahaha. I didn't have one when I bought the car but I certainly do now. Anyway, shows right there that 2019 G4 ES definitely does not have a height adjustable seat. If you try one and it works out way better for you there's plenty of wrecked Mirages out there where you can nab a seat for like $100-150. I want to get one of the seats with the built in armrest so if I do I will have a ES fabric height adjustable seat for sale.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Good find. Makes no sense why they would leave that off since it’s more expensive versus the non g4

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Name:  IMG_20190301_171129304.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  94.6 KB

Hard copy from the 2019 Mirage Brochure I picked up today amongst all my anger and rantings hahaha. I didn't have one when I bought the car but I certainly do now. Anyway, shows right there that 2019 G4 ES definitely does not have a height adjustable seat. If you try one and it works out way better for you there's plenty of wrecked Mirages out there where you can nab a seat for like $100-150. I want to get one of the seats with the built in armrest so if I do I will have a ES fabric height adjustable seat for sale.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So my curiosity got the best of my one night when I passed by Mentor Mitsubishi and I walked around and confirmed our suspicions and confusion.

All 2019 HATCHBACKS now have a 6 way seat. Every single one I looked at (Probably 20, most base models, few manuals) had a 6 way seat, with no additional options other than Floormats and the Portfolio Emergency Kit.

The G4 Sedan however, does not.

BOTH now have factory cruise at all trim levels however.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tytotheler92 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tytotheler92 View Post
    So my curiosity got the best of my one night when I passed by Mentor Mitsubishi and I walked around and confirmed our suspicions and confusion.

All 2019 HATCHBACKS now have a 6 way seat. Every single one I looked at (Probably 20, most base models, few manuals) had a 6 way seat, with no additional options other than Floormats and the Portfolio Emergency Kit.

The G4 Sedan however, does not.

BOTH now have factory cruise at all trim levels however.
    It was confusing. It took looking up some 2019 models on line to reach the same conclusions.

Factory cruise on a base model is a nice upgrade. I wouldn't worry about the seat any more. Be nice if the Mitsubishi website would reflect what is standard on a G4.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We have reviewed the information contained in this consumer complaint and would like to offer the following information. This consumer’s original vehicle monroney label (window sticker) did not indicate a 6-way adjustable front driver seat. This label indicates specifically what equipment comes standard or optional to the specific vehicle. With respect to the information the customer claims he verified through our corporate website (http://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage...specifications), it is true that it mistakenly showed a 6-way adjustable front driver seat was standard on the 2019 Mirage G4 ES model and has since been corrected after this consumer brought this to our attention. As you may or may not know, it’s not uncommon that errors in any website information can occur unintentionally and as such we offer a disclaimer section on our website. We apologize for the information error regarding this particular feature on the 2019 Mirage G4 ES front driver seat. Based on this information provided we are unable to extend the resolution this consumer is requesting.

My dealership got scared and I have appointment next week to get it change. I just have to cover the labor.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HarleyMan For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyMan View Post
    My dealership got scared and I have appointment next week to get it change. I just have to cover the labor.
    No kidding - good for you. You'll have a real collectors item, a one-of-a-kind.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)