Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Front seat (how to adjust height?)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    Please, could somebody explain, WTF is four-way, six-way, whatever-way seat adjustment?

My stripped-naked European model has a driver seat that can be slid forward, the inclination of the back can be changed, the headrest (which always bumps and forces the head forward no matter how adjusted) can be height-adjusted, and that's it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Please, could somebody explain, WTF is four-way, six-way, whatever-way seat adjustment?

My stripped-naked European model has a driver seat that can be slid forward, the inclination of the back can be changed, the headrest (which always bumps and forces the head forward no matter how adjusted) can be height-adjusted, and that's it.
    "Four-way" adjustment = lever to move the seatback forward (1) and backwards (2), lever to slide the entire seat forwards (3) and backwards (4).

"Six-way" adjustment = lever to move the seatback forward (1) and backwards (2), lever to slide the entire seat forwards (3) and backwards (4), knob to raise the bottom seat cushion (5) and lower the bottom seat cushion (6).

The six-way seat was supposed to become standard in '19, but HarleyMan's '19 G4 doesn't have it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

foama (02-26-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts

To slide the entire seat assembly forward and back (2) and tilt (or recline) the seat back rest forward and back (2 more) is a four-way adjustable seat. Add in a height adjustment for just the front part of the seat bottom (or is it the rear portion...) to adjust it up and down (2 more) and it becomes a so-called six-way adjustable seat.

I have a driver's seat with the height adjustment and I don't use the height adjustment. I think as a feature it is overblown. Maybe I'm just lucky that I don't need nor notice it.

Ha - Cobrajet beat me to it.
    Last edited by Eggman; 02-26-2019 at 08:30 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (02-26-2019),foama (02-26-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Ha - Cobrajet beat me to it.
    Not by much!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    "Four-way" adjustment = lever to move the seatback forward (1) and backwards (2), lever to slide the entire seat forwards (3) and backwards (4).

"Six-way" adjustment = lever to move the seatback forward (1) and backwards (2), lever to slide the entire seat forwards (3) and backwards (4), knob to raise the bottom seat cushion (5) and lower the bottom seat cushion (6).
    Really? What a marketing speak. Each degree of freedom has also it's reverse? Wow!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Space Wolf For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (02-26-2019),Fummins (02-27-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I also have a 2019 that does not have the knob

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Griff151 For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (02-26-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    the headrest (which always bumps and forces the head forward no matter how adjusted) can be height-adjusted, and that's it.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read somewhere, if this bothers you, you can remove the headrests & re-install them backward. I don't know what this does as far as neck protection if you were to be rear ended, tho...

Roger

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Have you ask why yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Griff151 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchpaddy View Post
    There is no universal, official date when a new model year begins. I've seen cars made as early as August labeled as the next model year. Most companies begin production of the next model year in the fourth quarter, making the transition some time in September. Since your sedan was made in September, I can see them accidentally putting a non-adjustable seat in what's supposed to be a '19 model early in the transition, or possibly doing it deliberately to clear inventory.
    I've seen much earlier than that. 95 neon built in late 93' the "new style" 97 model year f150 built in late 95'. So you could drive a car for 2 years and still call it a new model lol Hell, look at the 17' Mirage, they didn't make a 16' for some reason and just called them 17's

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff151 View Post
    Sort of makes one wonder if some of the 2019 models were built before they decided to make this a standard item.

Personally, it's not a big deal item. Standard cruise is a much nicer perk for the ES trim. Having said that, I would expect any Mirage sold as a 2019 model to have this feature. If not, customers should be given the option of having the driver's seat replaced or receive a refund of some sort. Doing nothing would be very lame of Mitsubishi.