Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Front seat (how to adjust height?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    All 2019 Mirage & G4 vehicles should have 6-way adjustable seats. I have not seen anything in writing that refutes that.

I would visit a dealership & look at other 2019 ES models. I would not back down, especially if you are unhappy with your seat. I wouldn't assume a 4-way seat is like a 6-way all the way down. People are making assumptions. You are missing standard equipment for a 2019.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Are we ignoring the people who have checked them with a measure or level, as posted?

I've never seen a thread here have so many replies from people who seem to have missed a couple dozen comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    All 2019 Mirage & G4 vehicles should have 6-way adjustable seats. I have not seen anything in writing that refutes that.

I would visit a dealership & look at other 2019 ES models. I would not back down, especially if you are unhappy with your seat. I wouldn't assume a 4-way seat is like a 6-way all the way down. People are making assumptions. You are missing standard equipment for a 2019.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Are we ignoring the people who have checked them with a measure or level, as posted?

I've never seen a thread here have so many replies from people who seem to have missed a couple dozen comments.
    Did you read post #80? They just said their seats are not the same.

My Subaru front seats are nothing alike up front, & some hate the passenger seat.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yesterday he showed me a few of the 138 but the few he showed me didn’t have the knob. I also notice that mitbu added my account back today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Did you read post #80? They just said their seats are not the same.

My Subaru front seats are nothing alike up front, & some hate the passenger seat.

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyMan View Post
    I have the G4
    Do a garage entry for your car - makes it easy for people to see at a glance what you're dealing with:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yesterday he showed me a few of the 138 but the few he showed me didnÂ’t have the knob. I also notice that mitbu added my account back today.
    My 2017 Mirage ES (manual) window sticker refers to the 4-way driver's seat & makes no mention of the passenger seat. It's all sort of silly, because what car doesn't have a seat that slides back and forth & has a back that tilts? If I wanted a 6-way front driver's seat in 2017, I would have had to go up one trim level (SE). I sat in a 2017 SE for the purpose of comparing seats. I am not aware of seats being offered as options like you were told.

Apparently, Mitsubishi removed the driver's seat on the window stickers of 2019 ES models. Did they do this on purpose? Do some people buy an ES model and get the 6-way driver's seat & others don't?

Regardless of what is true or not, it doesn't show much class on the part of Mitsubishi. How do you feature this as a change in 2019 (all models will get 6-way driver's seats) & then slap 2019 window stickers on cars without this feature?

I really like my Mirage. It's affordable, reliable, & very economical to drive. I have no regrets, & I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. Having said that, I am not impressed with Mitsubishi as a company. Who lists the passenger seat as standard equipment & makes no mention of the driver's seat on a window sticker? It seems like they wanted to use up left over 4-way driver's seats or something?

I don't think the 6-way driver's seat is all that special. If you sat in one that has that feature, you may feel better (or worst) about it all. I didn't mean to throw salt in the wound or give misinformation. Mitsubishi had clearly stated what new features were added to all Mirages in 2019, & this was clearly one of them. Very odd!
    Last edited by Mark; 03-01-2019 at 03:23 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

HarleyMan (02-27-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I measure and my driver seat is 3 inches higher than my passenger seat. I guess I could swap them
    That's really weird. I don't understand why they would make the driver's seat higher than the passenger. Sadly, you can't swap the seats. You used to kind of be able to on some older cars, if you were willing to dismantle and re-jigger the rail mechanisms, but now with the weight sensors and airbags integrated in the seats, there's just no way.

3 inches doesn't sound like much, but it's an enormous difference for seat height. If I raised my driver's seat 3 inches (assuming it even adjusts that high), I would not be comfortable in this car.

Can anyone else with a sedan measure their seats and see if they have the same difference in height? Or, since I suspect the seats are the same in the hatchback, can someone without height-adjusting seats check to see if there's any difference between driver and passenger?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can see if they lie about what they claim to be standard or in that matter a grammar issues. I have a appointment tomorrow with a attorney about it. If possible I’m going after them. Just the scare tactic of a attorney will most likely get my correct seat or the seat I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchpaddy View Post
    That's really weird. I don't understand why they would make the driver's seat higher than the passenger. Sadly, you can't swap the seats. You used to kind of be able to on some older cars, if you were willing to dismantle and re-jigger the rail mechanisms, but now with the weight sensors and airbags integrated in the seats, there's just no way.

3 inches doesn't sound like much, but it's an enormous difference for seat height. If I raised my driver's seat 3 inches (assuming it even adjusts that high), I would not be comfortable in this car.

Can anyone else with a sedan measure their seats and see if they have the same difference in height? Or, since I suspect the seats are the same in the hatchback, can someone without height-adjusting seats check to see if there's any difference between driver and passenger?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I can see if they lie about what they claim to be standard or in that matter a grammar issues. I have a appointment tomorrow with a attorney about it. If possible I’m going after them. Just the scare tactic of a attorney will most likely get my correct seat or the seat I want.
    Do you really think taking legal action is called for here? In my understanding, only the lawyers win.

Here's hoping this gets resolved one way or another for you.

Again, I apologize for misreading your Monroney sticker. I apologize to everyone involved in this thread. That misreading and my comments were a boneheaded mistake from reading on my little 'smart' phone screen and seeing only what I wanted to see.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Attachment 14026

Last edited by Fummins; 02-28-2019 at 03:32 PM. Reason: That didn't work as planned

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)