Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Front seat (how to adjust height?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyMan View Post
    We have reviewed the information contained in this consumer complaint and would like to offer the following information. This consumer’s original vehicle monroney label (window sticker) did not indicate a 6-way adjustable front driver seat. This label indicates specifically what equipment comes standard or optional to the specific vehicle. With respect to the information the customer claims he verified through our corporate website (http://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage...specifications), it is true that it mistakenly showed a 6-way adjustable front driver seat was standard on the 2019 Mirage G4 ES model and has since been corrected after this consumer brought this to our attention. As you may or may not know, it’s not uncommon that errors in any website information can occur unintentionally and as such we offer a disclaimer section on our website. We apologize for the information error regarding this particular feature on the 2019 Mirage G4 ES front driver seat. Based on this information provided we are unable to extend the resolution this consumer is requesting.

My dealership got scared and I have appointment next week to get it change. I just have to cover the labor.
    Changing the website is much cheaper than replacing every 2019 G4 ES sent to the United States. I still find it very odd that the window sticker makes reference to the passenger seat & not the driver's seat.

I am glad this is working out for you. You'll have to let us know what's the going rate for a seat replacement plus attorney costs?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Changing the website is much cheaper than replacing every 2019 G4 ES sent to the United States.
    You would think that Mitsubishi corporate would at least compensate him with a correct seat for bringing the error to their attention? Of course, this may make them responsible for doing the same for everyone who bought a car prior to the change.

Glad the dealership is stepping up. Ten bucks says the dealership just does a warranty claim on the seat replacement with Mitsubishi anyway.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    You would think that Mitsubishi corporate would at least compensate him with a correct seat for bringing the error to their attention? Of course, this may make them responsible for doing the same for everyone who bought a car prior to the change.

Glad the dealership is stepping up. Ten bucks says the dealership just does a warranty claim on the seat replacement with Mitsubishi anyway.
    I doubt the front seats of a 2019 G4 ES will become a recall item due to a website error. The website has been corrected this past week. My guess is they are simply changing the website (already done) and taking care of the one guy who is making a big stink about it (soon to be done).

It's odd that 6-way adjustable driver's seat became standard equipment for all Mirages, but not the G4. Apparently, I am not the only person that thinks that. Whoever creates the U.S. website for Mitsubishi must have thought the same, too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    I doubt the front seats of a 2019 G4 ES will become a recall item due to a website error. The website has been corrected this past week. My guess is they are simply changing the website (already done) and taking care of the one guy who is making a big stink about it (soon to be done).

It's odd that 6-way adjustable driver's seat became standard equipment for all Mirages, but not the G4. Apparently, I am not the only person that thinks that. Whoever creates the U.S. website for Mitsubishi must have thought the same, too.
    Yes, that is strange...especially with the G4's higher MSRP.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The attorney was a good friend so I paid nothing and didn’t really use her beside scaring the hell out of the dealership. Labor around $90 bucks. If all you guys go and complain something will be done. I’m sure they will do a warranty claim but at least I’ll be able to fit in my brand new car. My head literal touches the top of the car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyMan View Post
    The attorney was a good friend so I paid nothing and didn’t really use her beside scaring the hell out of the dealership. Labor around $90 bucks. If all you guys go and complain something will be done. I’m sure they will do a warranty claim but at least I’ll be able to fit in my brand new car. My head literal touches the top of the car.
    Most of us don't own a 2019 G4 ES. I don't think I could scare them enough to replace the front seat in my 2017 Mirage.

You'll have to let us know if the new seat offers more head room than the original.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    You'll have to let us know if the new seat offers more head room than the original.
    That's an interesting point. I recall when I first sat in mine the adjustment only went up. It would be something else if the new seat only made things worse.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Ha! I just double checked his Monroney sticker and Mark is right - it says passenger seat not drivers seat. A thousand pardons. It also mentions a rear seat center armrest - pretty cool.

I'm not sure if it will make any difference though. I mean, it is what it is. If it were me, I'm not sure that this would be a deal breaker. But it's not my car.

Would the height adjustable seat help a tall person?
    It helped me greatly on my 2014, meaning it did go lower than the passenger seat. I was nearly 6'3+" and fit comfortably.

Last edited by Wallythacker; 09-27-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)