Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Front seat (how to adjust height?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm a firm believer that there is such a thing as too much choice. Give me too many adjustments in a seat, and I'll keep playing with it, convinced there must be some little tweak that will make things just a little better. The seats in my Metro were great; you couldn't even adjust the headrests, as the back was all one piece.

One of the conference rooms at work has seats with four different levers for adjustments. Every time you sit down, someone's got the settings all jacked up. Armrests up at shoulder height, backrest way back, bottom cushion tilted forward, trying to dump you out on the floor. I don't like that room.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I’m tall and I almost touch the top of the car with my head. I’m going to have to figure out something.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I haven't taken any measurements, but it looks to me like the lowest setting on the driver's seat is at about the same height as the non-adjustable passenger seat. I don't think an adjustable seat would help you get lower.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scratchpaddy For This Useful Post:

Pryme (02-27-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No way... I could fit both my legs under it . These idiots probably jack it up high

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I will check out my seat vs the passenger seat tomorrow and see what the depth looks like under each seat....unless anyone beats me to it. It's too cold out right now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I’ll get a picture on here tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I will check out my seat vs the passenger seat tomorrow and see what the depth looks like under each seat....unless anyone beats me to it. It's too cold out right now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Make sure both seats are back all the way or the same at least. Some front seats tend to drop down as they go back, which makes sense for a taller person with longer legs.

When I first owned my Mirage, I didn't realize the entire rear view mirror post could be shoved upward at first. My rear view mirror was hanging down quite a bit, creating more of a blind spot. I felt shoving the entire rear view mirror upward improved my visibility up front.

Not sure a height adjustment on a small car is a big deal. It is useful on larger vehicles, however. How did we even survive on those simple front bench seats when I was a kid?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Beside the chair being jacked up towards Jesus it’s a very comfortable car....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Make sure both seats are back all the way or the same at least. Some front seats tend to drop down as they go back, which makes sense for a taller person with longer legs.

When I first owned my Mirage, I didn't realize the entire rear view mirror post could be shoved upward at first. My rear view mirror was hanging down quite a bit, creating more of a blind spot. I felt shoving the entire rear view mirror upward improved my visibility up front.

Not sure a height adjustment on a small car is a big deal. It is useful on larger vehicles, however. How did we even survive on those simple front bench seats when I was a kid?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyMan View Post
    It’s all good. Thank you guys for helping tho and sorry if I came off aggressively.
    No worries. I apologize because your initial concern was turned into anger from the responses you got here. At least we got to the bottom of how your Mirage was configured, and you got what was advertised on the window sticker.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    No worries. I apologize because your initial concern was turned into anger from the responses you got here. At least we got to the bottom of how your Mirage was configured, and you got what was advertised on the window sticker.
    Eggman- Does his window sticker say 4-way driver's seat? 2019 window stickers I look at make no reference to driver's seats on ES models of the G4.