Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everyone Mirrage fan

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuelsiper View Post
    Dose anyone know how to put a set of subs in a Mirage.
    Consider getting the Rockford Fosgate Premium Audio kit for the Mirage. It's plug & play and includes a subwoofer enclosure built specifically for the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Consider getting the Rockford Fosgate Premium Audio kit for the Mirage. It's plug & play and includes a subwoofer enclosure built specifically for the Mirage.

Does this apply to the G4 as well?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Dont be so quick to write off the CVT version. I need more folks on here commenting about it. lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Does this apply to the G4 as well?
    Yep.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    One of the easiest (lightest effort) clutch pedals you'll ever drive. It definitely won't tire out your leg!
    I 2nd that. My left leg looks like Ahhhnold's leg from driving my 5MT Saturn Vue. You can almost blow on a Mirage pedal and make it move.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-27-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I am looking at the CVT I'm not sure what power goodies it could handle. But I have been looking a making an intake, at the very least a drop-in filter. I may try and find a way to use the factory air box and remove some baffolding if possible. An ehaust will be on my mod list do they make a headder back system or am I stuck with a cat back option. So many idea's so much time to spend on them.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I am looking at the CVT I'm not sure what power goodies it could handle. But I have been looking a making an intake, at the very least a drop-in filter. I may try and find a way to use the factory air box and remove some baffolding if possible. An ehaust will be on my mod list do they make a headder back system or am I stuck with a cat back option. So many idea's so much time to spend on them.
    Becareful these cars can be finicky, especially the electrical systems. I wouldnt do any mods that would put added pressure on the CVT. Its what makes the CVTs on the Mirages last longer on avg. vs say a Sentra/Versa, the lack of stress put on them by the low hp/torque. I bet the 5speed version could handle it though. The consesus on here is be thrilled if you can get 175k miles out of the CVT, the 5 speed you could hit 300k miles potentially. On the CVT your not gonna get anywhere near that if you turbo and rice the f@ck out of your Mirage. Id stick to more aesthetic like things, like fake chrome vent ports and an arm rest lol. Thats just me though, you do you, you maverick renegade!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-07-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    The JATCO CVT7 is rated to handle up to 150hp. As previously noted the primary reason why the CVT is pretty reliable in the Mirage and not other vehicles that used the same CVT is it’s lack of horsepower. More power=shorter life of the CVT. I don’t think the internals of our 3A92 engine will withstand much boost. It’s a more efficient 3 cylinder version of it’s 4 cylinder parent engine (4a92) which was a economy motor itself.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Becareful these cars can be finicky, especially the electrical systems. I wouldnt do any mods that would put added pressure on the CVT. Its what makes the CVTs on the Mirages last longer on avg. vs say a Sentra/Versa, the lack of stress put on them by the low hp/torque. I bet the 5speed version could handle it though. The consesus on here is be thrilled if you can get 175k miles out of the CVT, the 5 speed you could hit 300k miles potentially. On the CVT your not gonna get anywhere near that if you turbo and rice the f@ck out of your Mirage. Id stick to more aesthetic like things, like fake chrome vent ports and an arm rest lol. Thats just me though, you do you, you maverick renegade!
    I'd just go with some bada$$ K&N and STP stickers myself. Maybe a tape on hood scoop and racing seatbelt covers. Oh and a big whale tail spoiler that sticks 2' above the roof. And wheelie bars and maybe a parachute. That's about the most effective and reliable horsepower increase I've heard of for these things.

Except for Loren, he seemed to have found something but I forgot what it was and am too lazy to look back for the thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-08-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    LOL I don't want to turbo the car as much fun as it would be I was thinking of a drop in filter a nice muffler I have one from my Geo Metro days, and 150hp is way out of my reach. Its not like I am gonna put a Mirage on Nitrus. I just want some nice sound. I was thinking some nice rims with sticky tires as I would like to Auto Cross the car for fun nothing major again I would not be looking for anything crazy I already have a show car. Do they make a lowering kit for te Mirage maybe about .25" too .50" Drop. Thanks every one for all the help