Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everyone Mirrage fan

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hi Everyone Mirrage fan

Hi Everone,

I go by the name Fuelsiper while I do not currently own a Mirage (I got my eye on the G4 sedan). I love 3cylder cars up till last week I had a 92 metro 3dr with little rust. Those of you from the Geo Forum and team swift I went by 1992Poddy. I'm hoping to get a mirage if not this year next year. I currently have a 2016 civic turbo that get 6L/100km combind but I feel its too much car for me. The mirage has had my eye for a while and seeing that there is a stable aftermarket for it as well has my attention. I am hoping to get a 5spd as well. That's it for now.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum, fellow Ontarian and fellow Metro aficionado.

Lots of current/former Metro/clone owners here (including myself). What happened to your '92?

Is your Civic a manual or CVT? Have you tried a Mirage yet?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My civic has the cvt sadly The touring trim only came with the cvt. My geo was fully restored body wise but she was leaking oil like a siv and the auto trans had to be shifted manually I did keep my twin air intake and hopping to sell it in the spring. I donated it to the kidney foundation for a tax credit. I found at the auto show I fit best in the g4. And I really want to learn manual so I believe the G4 is a good car to learn with.
    Last edited by Fuelsiper; 02-28-2019 at 01:11 AM.

One of the easiest (lightest effort) clutch pedals you'll ever drive. It definitely won't tire out your leg!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hello Fuelsiper and welcome to the forum. Let us know if there's anything we can help with.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site. The manual trans Mirage is pretty easy to get the hang of.

Are you looking at new or used?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Take a bunch out for a test drive if you want a manual, it's always better to wear someone else's clutch out

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Welcome to the site. The manual trans Mirage is pretty easy to get the hang of.

Are you looking at new or used?
    I am looking at used at the moment I know new the G4 goes for 15K+ but used I can get one for 7-12K. Hope to save some coin this year so I can pick one up either in the late summer to early fall. I have talled to a friend of mine who drives stick and he has agreed to teach me and drive me around so I can get the hang of it.

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome
    Last edited by Fuelsiper; 02-28-2019 at 11:16 PM.

This is an old thread, I know, but I'm curious what you ended up doing, fuelsiper.

Still hunting for a Mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I still am looking at the mirage. I just got my financials in order and am saving for a Mirage. I Its the only car other than a Smart Diesel that gets better mileage then my civic. I will be looking forward to the day I get one. Dose anyone know how to put a set of subs in a Mirage. I will either get a G4 or a 5dr hatch.